Today's Dinner....1/6/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Chicken Soup.......not feeling well, cold.

img_1450030_0_ae3e6ab637fe01f6210b84e39e3631e4.jpg

Take care of yourself Joey. That looks delish..

I just put some chicky thighs in the oven to roast at 425f for about 40 minutes. SC is having Tater Tots he loves, and we're both having salads.

Left overs. I hit the grocery on the way home from work. Planned on steak burritos. Got all the fixin's. Then a man came to talk with DS about joining the Army band. He stayed from 4:30 to 5:45pm. I needed to leave for choir at 6:00pm. No cooking. When I got home from choir, I made a fried egg sandwich. Don't know what the others chose.

Me too Joey. I feel for your condition. If I have one more bowl of chicken soup, I think I will start growing feathers. To combat this, I opened a can Campbell's Tomato soup, and hope I spontaneously develop a sun-tan. Otherwise not hungry.

Have a goodly amount of baked ham left so, at Glenn's suggestion, we had ham and Swiss cheese paninis, with a side of pickled peperoncini peppers. Made the sandwiches out of nice, thick slices of homemade baguettes. Our plates were empty and our tummies full.

Nice looking soup, S&P! Hope you and Whiska get over your colds soon. We're still stumbling around with sleeping sickness, so it was leftovers tonight. DH comes downstairs, nibbles a bit, and then goes back to bed.

Last edited:
I had a headache earlier and DH wanted to go to the store for a few things, so I had him pick up some barbecue and cole slaw from the deli. We had barbecue sandwiches, cole slaw and pickles.

Good lookin' soup, Joey. I sure hope those of you who are under the weather are good as new very soon. I've been doubling up on the Vit C, carrying alcohol wipes in my purse for when I go out and have to touch a shopping cart, and hoping I don't come down with something. Need to get a flu shot.

Tonight's dinner was a chili dog. :) I thawed out the last of the chili from New Years Day and found a couple of Hebrew National dogs and some hoagie rolls in the freezer while I was looking around. Topped the chili dog with lots of shredded cheddar and diced onions. It hit the spot.

Stopped at "Whole Check", I mean Whole Foods here on the way home from errands and got some cold salads for supper, even though it's wicked rainy, cold and nasty In The Middle Of The Desert...
three cold salads.jpg
Really ONO!
Made a bowl of leftover Minestrone just to warm us up a bit too, oh and some sweets from they're bakery...

With tomorrow's dinner in mind, Himself ordered Chicken Parm (three large breasts and a pile of spaghetti) which came with soup (he ordered beef veggie and got chicken noodle :wacko: ) and I had an Italian seasoned baked chicken dinner. Four pieces (breast part with wing and three thighs - my least favorite part.:glare: ) came with two sides (oven roasted potatoes and corn), a side salad, a cup of soup (seafood bisque) and my beverage. My dinner was from the "Nightly Specials" list and cost only $11.95! I brought home the three thighs and half the potatoes; Himself saved me a full piece of chicken parm and a good amount of noodles. We'll swap meals tomorrow or Friday. :LOL:

TB and I have still not gotten rid of our colds/flu so I heated up the last of the hamburger soup. We had some gluten free potato flax bread toasted with garlic/onion spread with it as well.

Back
Top Bottom