Today's dinner, 31st October 07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's what happened to me tonight. I was going to cook pasta or steak but by the time I had got interrupted a few times without being able to actually get an ingredient out of the fridge, I just gave up and made sandwiches and waited for the rest of the kids to rock up. Had 21 in all, which is a fair few for a country that doesn't celebrate Halloween!!

Other than the 1`st Obnoxious kid that knocks our door tonight, I thought maybe roast lamb sliced and put into Coriander and garlic pita breads.

My youngest has demande meatballs - even going and getting the mince out of the freeser last night. Will probably serve with tomatoe sauce and pasta.

Leftover pork,mushroom gravy over noodles, green beans and cornbread

Update; Changed my mind as usual - this will be tomorrows dinner. Hungry for grilled burgers, fries and coleslaw !
:ninja: Happy Halloween !

Last edited:
Wife and I usually just don't bother answering the door on Halloween, lol. Bah Humbug!

Dinner is going to be some kind of Cajun or Moroccan style beef served with mashed sweet pots with bacon and sour cream (try it - it's a fantastic combo). Veg will be..err... what ever's in the fridge.

I'm thinking chili for some reason...I want a good Halloween dish..although it's just DH and I...not handing out candy cuz of the dogs.

I live too far out in the country to get trick-or-treaters. Oh well. Tonight we’re having Sweet and Sour stir fried pork with veggies, mini-egg rolls, and vegetable Mai Fun.

We had a "Fall Fling" potluck here at work today, so last night I made mostaccioli with meat sauce, peppers, onions and garlic. I put aside some of the sauce, so tonight I'll cook up some more pasta and make a salad for dinner. I expect to run out of candy around 7 p.m., so there will be plenty of time to eat :)

That's what happened to me tonight. I was going to cook pasta or steak but by the time I had got interrupted a few times without being able to actually get an ingredient out of the fridge, I just gave up and made sandwiches and waited for the rest of the kids to rock up. Had 21 in all, which is a fair few for a country that doesn't celebrate Halloween!!

Do they dress up in costumes? How is it that you have candy to give out and kids come around to collect it, and yet you don't celebrate Halloween? ;)

DH will take our 3-year old out trick-or-treating and I will stay home a give out candy.

Dinner will be a simple homemade minestrone (to which I will add shredded chicken leftover from last night's roast chicken) and some garlic toast for dipping.

Fried chicken from the local grocery, plus a salad. With kids coming and going I wanted finger food.

Expecting lots of ghosts and goblins here. I just love it. Dinner will be lots of appetizer foods and wine. If we are still hungry there is always pizza delivery.

Back
Top Bottom