Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_1267890_0_064f6b843178f892b344d9fd4fc59910.jpg

Two boxes, two cats...I wonder if I got another box, another cat would show up.
Probably! As we all know, empty boxes are cat magnets! We had a cat who would get in any box lying around. If it was too small to fit into, she would put as much of herself into the box as she could. :D

Cute kitten and iggy. We had a pet "backyard" iguana for a while. She was obviously somebody's pet that they let loose because we could pick her up and hand feed her. We fed her hoping to keep her in the yard and out of danger from other things (live not far from the eastern edge of the everglades and have various creatures around), although we didn't want to bring her in the house and have another pet. BTW, if iggys are brought into animal shelters here they are killed as they are considered nuisance animals. Anyway, she just didn't exist for our pugs, they took absoluely no notice of her. Don't know if it was because they are all senior citizens or just because they are spoiled rotten and think nothing in the universe exists but them, but she could be on the ground when they were out and they just didn't notice her.

She had access to our family room roof that juts out from our second story bedroom and liked to sun on our roof and the neighbor's (they fed her too) roof that she could also get to from a tree in their yard, particularly when it was cold. I climbed out of our second story bedroom window and brought her in the house to put in the bathtub with some heat a few times when we'd have really cold snaps for a couple of years and, of course, we'd also take her out of her spot on the tree to bring her in as well if that's where she was. Unfortunately, she got caught in one cold snap on a place on the neighbor's roof that we couldn't see from our second story a few years back and froze to death. The roofer's found her when they were working on the neighbor's roof. All in all though, not a bad way to go for an iggy as they go into hibernation when they get cold. We had iggys literally falling out of trees all over South Florida that 1 year in particular because it got so cold.

This is SO true! I have stood in some hotel showers for a few minutes trying to figure them out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom