Tonight Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zlatko

Assistant Cook
hello to you,

for food this night i, will make it potatoe dumplies & some Meat and after it the [i dont know how to say in english] the vinegar from pickel, mix with fat from a pig

Welcome to DC! I've never heard of eating vinegar with pig fat. Do you fry the pig fat? Where are you from?

Tonight I'm making baked ziti. I made a red tomatoe sauce and cooked some tiny meatballs and some hot italian sausage and added that to the sauce. I'll mix the cooked pasta with the sauce, and add some ricotta and mozzarella cheese.

amber said:
Welcome to DC! I've never heard of eating vinegar with pig fat. Do you fry the pig fat? Where are you from?

I from eastern europe, and pig fat is not fry, it plain and un cooked in the vinegar

Pig fat sounds like we would use "Fat Back". Fry untill rendered with pickle vinegar. Potato dumpligs and "Meat". I would guess Lamb. I bet it's good!
I love to hear about and experiment with ethnic dishes. I would like to learn more about Moroccan cooking. My Eastern European specialty is "Stuffed Cabbage". or Glumkies. My MIL says they are Italian but I know darn right they're Polish. I could eat them all night!

Last edited:
Gorgonzola said:
Pig fat sounds like we would use "Fat Back". Fry untill rendered with pickle vinegar. Potato dumpligs and "Meat". I would guess Lamb. I bet it's good!
I love to hear about and experiment with ethnic dishes. I would like to learn more about Moroccan cooking. My Eastern European specialty is "Stuffed Cabbage". or Glumkies. My MIL says they are Italian but I know darn right they're Polish. I could eat them all night!

for tonight meat will be a chicken, i think

Paul is still out in the woods... so I don't really have to make dinner.
On the other hand I'm really craving some pasta so... I may make some kind of sauce and slather some noodles with it.

We just tried out Bahama Breeze... I had a jerk chicken pasta in a parmesan herb sauce with onions and asparagus. Very good stuff!

I am pretty excited as we are having Grilled BBQ Chicken, Fresh Sweet Corn, and a Strawberry Chicken Salad with a Honey Lime Vinaigrette... YUM... For Dessert? Yep, you guessed it... An Orea Cheesecake.. :)

-Brad

We're having BLT's...one of my favorite things! I've been really good about sticking with whole wheat bread lately, but tonight I'm going for good ole Texas Toast.

We ordered Pizza in. Mr HB is still painting the kitchen. He has divided it into 6ths and does 1/6th whenever he's in the mood. By the time he finishes, it'll be time to paint again.:rolleyes:

Actually he has to have it done by the Wednesday before Labor Day.:)

candelbc said:
I am pretty excited as we are having Grilled BBQ Chicken, Fresh Sweet Corn, and a Strawberry Chicken Salad with a Honey Lime Vinaigrette... YUM... For Dessert? Yep, you guessed it... An Orea Cheesecake.. :)

-Brad
brad-

what is orea cheescake?

also i see you live in WI (i think that means wisconsin). i also live in wi. how is eau clare? good foods?

my neighbore, wanted to take me to the sausage fest, in sheba...(?), but my sister she needed me at home, the last week end.

Last edited:
I'm planning to put together some chicken and rice, cooked like pilaf, with some peppers (sweet red and jalapeno), onions, garlic, mix in some canned black beans and serve it with warm tortillas, with fresh diced tomatoes and avocado on the side. Also some nice fresh sliced papaya.

actually i change dinner tonight.

i try and learn to cook more food from all cultures [this is why i am here at this site] so tonight i make italian:

sauce of tomatos, olive oil, garlic, basil, red pepper, ital. sausage, etc.

instead of plain noodles i found some filled with the cheese. i wonder what kind of cheese will be inside. i hope not american -- that is one thing i dont like about this country.

perhaps if every1 embraced the food of other peoples and liked it, the world would be a more friendly place. perhaps, this should be my pupose in life?

Tonight I grilled turkey sausages & lengthwise-cut marinated baby zucchinis outside on the charcoal grill. Also sauteed some Cubanelle peppers & Vidalia onions in some extra-virgin olive oil to top the sausages. Served with a large green salad.

Zlatko said:
actually i change dinner tonight.

i try and learn to cook more food from all cultures [this is why i am here at this site] so tonight i make italian:

sauce of tomatos, olive oil, garlic, basil, red pepper, ital. sausage, etc.

instead of plain noodles i found some filled with the cheese. i wonder what kind of cheese will be inside. i hope not american -- that is one thing i dont like about this country.

perhaps if every1 embraced the food of other peoples and liked it, the world would be a more friendly place. perhaps, this should be my pupose in life?

Your dinner sounds good. Perhaps your pasta filled with cheese is tortellini, which is round with the center cut out like a donut, and the pasta is filled with cheese, though I'm not sure which cheese, but am certain it is not american cheese. My husband doesnt like american cheese either, he said it tastes like rubber and is very bland yet salty.

Not really dinner, more like late afternoon 'whatever you want to call it'. I have been dying for a hot dog off the grill all summer...and it took till this late in the summer to actually get one. Naturally, I had to make it myself.

I cooked hot dogs, bugers and a veggie burger (for my daughter). Boston baked beans, oven roasted potatoes and corn on the cob. My fix has been satisfied.

Zlatko said:
brad-

what is orea cheescake?

also i see you live in WI (i think that means wisconsin). i also live in wi. how is eau clare? good foods?

my neighbore, wanted to take me to the sausage fest, in sheba...(?), but my sister she needed me at home, the last week end.

Oreo Cheesecake is seemably a Cheesecake with a Crushed Cookie Crust and sprinkled on top. With Oreo cookies all over inside the heart of the cheesecake.. It was AWESOME.. Thank you for asking..

Eau Claire is a good place to live I think.. Not a big city, but not a small city either..

Where you originally from?

-Brad

amber said:
Your dinner sounds good. Perhaps your pasta filled with cheese is tortellini, which is round with the center cut out like a donut, and the pasta is filled with cheese, though I'm not sure which cheese, but am certain it is not american cheese. My husband doesnt like american cheese either, he said it tastes like rubber and is very bland yet salty.
Yes, it was tortellini. i was thankfull, that the cheese inside was soft and italian and crumby (not the bad crumby, the crumby = falls apart easy) and had green herb inside (parsley/basil?? :idea: ) and not american.

Back
Top Bottom