Tonight's meal - Thursday March 7, 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Surprised no one has posted yet because it's nearly 5 p.m. in our region.

Been a pretty nice day today...no rain for a change.

Bought a nice little 2.5-pound boneless pork loin roast on Tuesday and needed some "comfort" food.

So, as the house smells wonderful, here's what's in the oven: https://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/wprm_print/43790?utm_source=pocket_mylist

Can't wait.

Katie, that pork roast sounds delicious. Have you made it before?

It's rainy and cold here. That's why I planned for tonight's supper to be Habitant French Canadian Pea Soup. I usually serve that with grilled cheese sandwiches, but tonight we had it with Jamaican style patties from the freezer. Easy, delicious food that was perfect to go with the weather.

Last edited:
Katie, that pork roast sounds delicious. Have you made it before?

It's rainy and cold here. That's why I planned for tonight's supper to be Habitant French Canadian Pea Soup. I usually serve that with grilled cheese sandwiches, but tonight we had it with Jamaican style patties from the freezer. Easy, delicious food that was perfect to go with the weather.

No, I haven't made it before but it is definitely a keeper. Absolutely delicious,

I cooked a couple of pork sirloin cutlets in an onion, pepper, mushroom gravy with steamed green beans for a side.

No, I haven't made it before but it is definitely a keeper. Absolutely delicious,

Thanks for the info. Was it dry or moist? I just wanted to know that someone I sort of know has tried and enjoyed it. I'll save the recipe to Copy Me That.

I've got Jasmine rice in the rice cooker. I'll start a wok soon for Phuket Sweet & Sour Scallops. Pictures to come if I remember! I haven't made the scallops recently, so if we dig in too quick, apologies up front! ;)

Reversed seared T-Bone on the BBQ....

39817-albums960-picture8908.jpg
[/IMG]

Joey, I like the way you cut the steak! The doneness looks good, too.

Surprised no one has posted yet because it's nearly 5 p.m. in our region...
Lately, some days a thread isn't starting until really late at night.

We had Chlopski Posilak, a simple dish of cabbage, onion, sausage, and bacon. Something this easy shouldn't taste so good.

IMG_20220407_203009028_HDR.jpg

Baked vegetable egg rolls with pineapple sweet sour sauce.
Carrot bread.

Glazed chicken, green beans, smashed potatoes, and a roll.

glazed_chicken_040722_img_9434-jpg.49202

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom