Top Chef - Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy R

Site Team
Staff member
Well they just had the finale of Top Chef - Season 5. I won't spoil it in case you have not seen the winner yet. I just wanted to start this thread to find out what others think of Top Chef. I personally like the show and my girlfriend LOVES it.

Good finale, They made the right choice.. Too bad Carla listened to her help.. she could have won had she cooked "her" food.

It is my 100% favourite chef show. I saw the finale as well.

I am happy that one of the finalists didn't win and sad that the other didn't (but this person definitely had the most class and passion). So I am content with the winner.

I only got to see the second half of the show, from just before service started to the final judges table. I will watch the first half either later tonight or Saturday.

I hope they keep going with this show. It beats Ramsey's contest shows hands down. Though I watch them as well.

Good finale, They made the right choice.. Too bad Carla listened to her help.. she could have won had she cooked "her" food.

From what I saw I agree totally about Carla. She was my favourite from the beginning. And Stephane is just too cocky. (oops, I guess everyone knows who one now.

What a weird ending! Shame on Casey for not just being a good sous and doing whatever Carla needed, rather than making major change suggestions to her menu. However, she did great, and I 'm sure her catering business will increase 100 fold from her exposure on the show. she did win that beautiful car, and I cannot imagine anyone else winning fan favorite next week, can you?

I cannot imagine anyone else winning fan favorite next week, can you?

I think she is definitely the fan favourite; however she also won the hearts of almost every judge on that show. It seemed like Tom was really beside himself when he he said that she wasn't a contender. She really did bring a lot of class, heart and soul into the competition and I don't think she needed to win the contest, she won something bigger, the hearts (and stomachs) of everyone.

If they judged the final on the overall cooking throughout the
contest Stefan would have won - but they have their rules
and as each competition is an individual judge of the winner
they seemed to make the right choice - too bad WE couldn't
taste their offerings.:)

PS - while I enjoy watching the competitions I learn
very little about cooking from this show.

I like the show, agree with all said above. And the lesson is 1) don't second guess yourself 2) mise en place is not just everything ready to cook, but also sticking to your plan. You really only have to go into rescue mode if you have a power failure or some other catastrophe.

I love this show!

I was really upset about Carla! :( What a great person.

I think that Stephan's bad attitude finally bit him in the butt.

Crud! I was all set to watch Carla win tonight when I watched the reruns. I wouldn't have minded if Fabio had succeeded.

I'll watch anyway.

Well.......Carla didn't win fan favorite. I was very surprised, but I liked that Fabio won. His personality and accent are very endearing. I knew Stefan had absolutely no chance, and so did he :LOL:.

I was very surprised that the two young female chefs who showed up in front of the judges drunk didn't get canned right then and there. I was never really impressed with either of them anyway. And, I was left thinking that the Josea (sp) affair looks like it will continue as both he and the other girl (I can't remember her name) have broken it off with their partners.

They spilled lots of beans last night :eek:, and I really enjoyed the show--lots of laughs!

Hosea and Leah have been spotted making out in bars in NYC.

I was surprised that Carla didn;t win fan favorite, too. But Fabio is pretty darn cute, so I was cool with it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom