Top Chef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jen seems to have been slipping the last few weeks...bottom in the last few challenges. Think Kevin will get it, but just seems the brothers are a little more refined in their techniques

i like Kevin too as he is somewhat humble..the voltagio brothers are good, but seem to have too much of an attitude. I am just waiting for the day that Robin goes bye bye...cant stand her

For once, as a Canadian I am getting the same show at the same time as you in the US and can follow along rather than staying away from the challenge show threads so I won't know the answer before I see it in a year!

I am with Kevin all the way! I think it will be him and the brothers.

I think Kevin had it in the bag weeks ago... but he can always have a bad day, screw up and everyone else have a good day and end up going home. I just hope that doesn't happen because he is by far the best. And he is such a sweet person. It would be nice if a truly nice person who also has the talent won for once.

Of the Voltagio brothers, I think actually Michael, the younger is better than Brian. And, as a woman, of course, I'd love to see Jen in the finals, though. I believe it's a toss-up between her and Voltagio the Elder.

For once, as a Canadian I am getting the same show at the same time as you in the US and can follow along rather than staying away from the challenge show threads so I won't know the answer before I see it in a year!

I am with Kevin all the way! I think it will be him and the brothers.

Agree - so nice to not have to avoid Top Chef chat because of being a season ahead. I love this show. Kevin is extremely strong time and time again. Don't see that changing.

I really like Kevin I am hoping he will be in the top three. I think one of the best parts of the show is Tom Colicchio though. I am doing some work for Lexus Magazine and they have an article featuring Tom - it is funny because he doesn't see himself as a celebrity. I would love to visit one of his restaurants - has anyone ever been?

No, not at all. Not everybody could be a gourmet chef. Her cooking is very simple and she's had a successful catering company for many years. She is a good but simple cook. Nothing wrong with that. Half of the stuff served in the gourmet restaurants is disgusting in my view. You have to have a pallet trained for them. Considering that her food supposedly was not the best, She made it pretty far.

I wasnt really looking at her dishes, although since she did end up in the bottom so many times, i would assume it didnt taste that good. I was more referring to her attitude. She always seemed to be so high on herself and tried to act better than anyone else. Although with editing, i am sure the producers should more conflict or blew things up as it is "more exciting" for people to watch in their eyes

Ironsides,

I am doing some work for Lexus Magazine and they have an article featuring Tom - it is funny because he doesn't see himself as a celebrity. I would love to visit one of his restaurants - has anyone ever been?

I have never been to one of his restaurants, but I had the opportunity to work a James Beard Dinner several years ago in Kansas City where he was one of the celeb Chefs. He is very funny, down to earth and a great Chef.

Robyn's prob was her mouth. She talked when she should have worked. I like the Volt bros, and have been to Volt in Frederick MD. Nice restaurant. (doing very well now since the airing of Top Chef.) Kevin is certainly good too. Whoever wins will need to be on top form that day.

I have been to Craft Bar in NYC, one of Tom C's restaurants...a casual place. Creative menu, excellent food, top service, would go back again...in fact will be in March. The customer is treated well. for example... wine by the glass is poured tableside after a taste for approval.

Agree that it would be nice to see someone with nice character win -- like Kevin. Brian also seems like a person for whom I would like to work. Michael seems genius at times but oh, so arrogant and aggressive. We all have flaws but I always want the good guy to win. Cling to hearty, good values-- like the food I enjoy. Doesn't have to be edgy and in my face, so to speak. Go, Kevin.

Ironsides,

I am doing some work for Lexus Magazine and they have an article featuring Tom - it is funny because he doesn't see himself as a celebrity. I would love to visit one of his restaurants - has anyone ever been?

I have never been to one of his restaurants, but I had the opportunity to work a James Beard Dinner several years ago in Kansas City where he was one of the celeb Chefs. He is very funny, down to earth and a great Chef.

Wow a James Beard dinner sounds awesome. Sounds like the article got it right with him being a down-to-earth kind of guy. I also really like his stance on fresh from the farm food I know I personally try and do this but it is nice to see a celebrity chef implementing the same ideas into his restaurants.

I also like the personality of Kevin and his food seems to be tailored a bit more for the masses as opposed to catering for those who have trained palates. My only thought is that one of the Volt bothers might take it as they seem to be more skilled in actual technique. Whatever the finals have, i think that technique will be just as important as taste. Last weeks episode pretty much showed that Kevin did lack knowledge of cooking techniques.

They're ok but I liked a program starring Gordon Ramsey. It was not on the Food Channel but he used to have a good show called Gordon's Kitchen From Hell or something like that. It was the classic tale of overcoming adversity in this case in the backroom of a restaurant. It was an interesting examination of how different people ran restaurants while showing what goes on behind the scenes. I assume they either ran out of poorly run restaurants or the solution was always the same - give the customers good food and good service in a nice environment and more than likely you will succeed in the restaurant business.

I think you are referring to "Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares" and/or "Kitchen Nightmares". There is a thread on Gordon you might be interested in.

Back
Top Bottom