Totally in love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
Last summer when I made a run to the local dump in northern MN, I lugged home a Brinkmann All-in-One smoker. As often is the case, I haul something home and don't use it right away. In my defense, the DH hauled the bag of charcoal I'd bought back to his house in the city--I hunted high and low for it at the farm and at my house in the city. Well, he confessed that he had taken it home. Last night I finally used the Brinkmann. I snagged about 25 lb of eye of round last week for less than $2/lb. I marinated 2 thick steaks in a bit of mushroom soy sauce, garlic, some grated onion, ginger, and S&P. OMG, the best steak I've ever grilled. Even without putting any "wood chips" in, the smoky flavor of the meat was amazing! I definitely am looking to use it again.

Any tips on using it--I'd like to smoke some turkey thighs--and some salmon--would be appreciated.

Last summer when I made a run to the local dump in northern MN, I lugged home a Brinkmann All-in-One smoker. As often is the case, I haul something home and don't use it right away. In my defense, the DH hauled the bag of charcoal I'd bought back to his house in the city--I hunted high and low for it at the farm and at my house in the city. Well, he confessed that he had taken it home. Last night I finally used the Brinkmann. I snagged about 25 lb of eye of round last week for less than $2/lb. I marinated 2 thick steaks in a bit of mushroom soy sauce, garlic, some grated onion, ginger, and S&P. OMG, the best steak I've ever grilled. Even without putting any "wood chips" in, the smoky flavor of the meat was amazing! I definitely am looking to use it again.

Any tips on using it--I'd like to smoke some turkey thighs--and some salmon--would be appreciated.
morning cw!living in an apartment the only "smoking" i do is the "cheats" smoke using foil,tea leaves & sugar in a wok with a tight fitting lid.
bro' bolas is "the man" when it comes to smoking.the fish in the piccies are trout,sea bass & mackerel.....no prizes for guessing...yep,the mackerel,despite being by far the cheapest fish was voted the best!!bro' also smokes chicken,duck & turkey etc....all deeeeeelish!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f16/smoked-trout-78650-3.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom