Trader Joe's products you have tried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMG_0757.jpg

This ^ was on the endcap at the register today.
OISHII!!! (that's tasty in Japanese)
Trader Joe's take on Japanese Arare or Rice Crackers.
In Hawaii we loving refer to it as Mochi Crunch,
ONO! (that's Hawaiian for delish)
Ooooooh! :ohmy: I just remembered Hurricane Popcorn!
That's really good, made with Mochi Crunch, Buttered Popcorn, Furikake and Shoyu or Soy Sauce.

IMG_0756.jpg

While I was at it, figured we'd try these cookies too.
:yum:
They also make a Meyer Lemon flavor, which we've had before.

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but their cauliflower pizza crust, and felafel are pretty good too. Their meatless meatballs ( vegan) are better than many other brands, but still not great.

We stopped at TJ's today. First time in ages. Brought all kinds of stuff home. Of these frozen items, the only one not new to us is the pork shu mai. I'll report on the others as we get to them.
IMG_20210819_224341496.jpg

From TJ's freezer case

IMG_0874.jpg

I took Mom with me to our local Trader Joe's yesterday and I encouraged her to look around for something she'd like.
She eyed this in a heart beat :LOL:

IMG_0875.jpg

Mom's Sunday Brunch with softened Butter, Maple Syrup and Farmer John's Pork Links.
She was so happy :clap:

DH and I had discussed what the day's agenda would be like the night before during our private alone time after Mom goes to bed... we both decided that we didn't want to have this, but I'd make it for Mom... we had Eggs and Sausages.

I asked Mom if I could have just a taste to see what it was like.
I would say it's just an elevated frozen Waffle, like an Egg-O.
It was just okay.

It Seems To Be A Trader Joe's Kinda Day

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

I heated these cuties up in the Air Fryer:
Preheat at 390° for 5 minutes (that's as hot as mine goes)
A very light spritz of Olive Oil
Into the hot AF basket in a single layer (the five Rolls just fit)
Cook for 6 minutes
Flip
Cook for another 6 minutes
Slice on the diagonal, serve with some Thai Sweet Chile Sauce
and you've got a very nice light lunch for 3 (Dh had 1 1/2 along with a bowl of Edamame in the shell)

*Cook's Note: I think that the next time that we three have these, and we will, I would go 14 minutes in total. A tiny bit mushy in the middle but tasty all the same :yum:

Mom said these Rolls tasted just like the ones she had in Thailand :ohmy:

I'm glad you are having a much better time with your mom there. I remember you saying that as much as you love her, you were relieved to have her back at her house. Since you guys are having so much fun, is she settling in permanently, or are you guys looking for a place of her own?

I'm glad you are having a much better time with your mom there. I remember you saying that as much as you love her, you were relieved to have her back at her house. Since you guys are having so much fun, is she settling in permanently, or are you guys looking for a place of her own?

CG, I started to post a thread dedicated to Adventures With My Mom, but somehow, I lost it :(

There is a learning curve for all of us and once I sit down to chronicle this you'll see what's on the horizon.

These were all good.
Most TJs items are best baked or fried instead of microwaved.
The potatoes needed a seasoned bark or they are bland and soggy.

The Empanadas we covered with butter before baking. They are mildly sweet.

Frittata a bit of butter and some Spike worked good.

Attachments

• 69CB405D-258A-4081-9713-CFD329E218ED.jpg
    69CB405D-258A-4081-9713-CFD329E218ED.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 89CCC547-3E72-4ACF-9362-D10E7E316B38.jpg
    89CCC547-3E72-4ACF-9362-D10E7E316B38.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 56
  • EC52F6E6-3AB7-4FAB-BA69-4C981108C178.jpg
    EC52F6E6-3AB7-4FAB-BA69-4C981108C178.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Mom and I found this at Trader Joe's, right next to the Trader Jose brand ...

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

I gotta say Cedarlane brand Sweet Corn Tamales were much better than the house brand, sorry.
AND this new-to-me brand has 2 large Tamales per box.
I had it with Salsa and Sour Cream, now if I had some Guacamole, that would have been heaven. :yum:
We'll be getting these again to keep in the deep freeze for a quick, on the fly lunch.

IMG_1234.jpg

Something new-to-me, thought it would work nicely for Neighborhood Gal Pals Game Afternoon.
I did them in the Air Fryer, which by the way, was a cooking suggestion on the packaging.

IMG_1235.jpg

My AF only goes to 390° so I added a minute to the suggested 10 minutes, they got a little browner than I think they should, but ...
I got big thumbs up all the way around.
Now I just hope that still have some in stock and I'll buy a couple boxes.

Not a food item, but ya know, Trader Joe's has some really excellent potted plants and cut flowers.
I ran up there today to get something for Mother's Day.
This potted plant has 3 different plants in it that I'll transplant for her later on and the cutest gift bag to boot!

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

How stinkin' adorable is this?
I also have a container of their Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, which Mom just loves!

DD picked these up when we went to Trader Joe's. They are excellent. Reminds me of the vegetable tempura we would get at the Japanese steakhouse.

tj-bird-nest-jpg.51692

My DH adores a big soft Pretzel

IMG_1985.jpg

This made for an excellent afternoon snack

IMG_1984.jpg

My portion with a Beer, YUM!!!
DH's plate had a small dish of Spicy Brown Mustard for dipping.

DH asked if I had stopped at TJ's on my way home from appointments this morning ... nope. I bought these a few weeks ago in their freezer case.
I told DH I was really surprised that he hadn't noticed these in our freezer. I didn't break them out until today, because I wanted to get some Beer Cheese Dip for moi :LOL:

One of my favorite items is their Everything Bagel Seasoning. I use it to season edamame, fried rice, fried noodles, to crust fish before searing, ahi poke, etc.

Back
Top Bottom