Trivia 4/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Trivia 4/11
DID YOU KNOW.
When Roy Halladay pitched that perfect game on May 29, 2010, it Was only the 20th perfect game pitched in MLB history.
The great Phillies pitcher Robin Roberts once pitched 28 consecutive complete games......And one of those complete games was a 17-inning affair.

1. What are the main ingredients of bubble and squeak?
2. Which Welsh singer performed the theme song for "Moonraker" and two other earlier James Bond movies?
(Hint ; S.B.)
3. What are the three Abrahamic Faiths ?
4. During the summer of 2017 the Israeli born actress, Gal Gadot, appeared in the starring role of what superhero film ?
5. Which European city saw the largest Jewish uprising against the Nazis ?
6. An international organization was created after World War I in the hope of preventing further conflicts in the future. What was it?
7. To what invention was Archimedes referring when he said, "Give me a place to stand on, and I will move the Earth" ?
8. What is the main active ingredient in hair bleach?
(Hint; Two Words)

TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The most earthquake-prone of the Fifty in the United States is California..
1. Cabbage & Potato
2. Shirley Bassey
3. Judaism, Christianity, Islam
4. Wonder Woman
5. Warsaw
6. League of Nations
7. the Lever
8. hydrogen peroxide

CRAP !!
Alaska has experienced more earthquakes than any other state in the US.
Between 1974 and 2003, Alaska experienced 12,053 strong earthquakes.
The 1946 earthquake that hit the Aleutian Islands in Alaska was among the deadliest in the state. The earthquake occurred on April 1, 1946, and had a magnitude of 8.6, resulting in the death of between 165 and 173 people. The damage to property was estimated at $26 million. The seafloor on the fault line was pushed up, generating a tsunami across the Pacific Ocean. The waves reached a height of between 25 feet and 130 feet high and traveling at speeds of up to 500 miles per hour. The tsunami took 4.5 hours to reach Hawaii.

Back
Top Bottom