Trout Flavored IceCream with Eyeballs.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Yes folks this was the idea that came out of iron chef America chef Masaharu Morimoto in a commericial for the show.

In the commercial Alton Brown threw out a piece of trout and each Iron Chef America Chef said one thing they would create with it.

I have not seen any other commericals like this for the show.

that was supposed to be half real, half a joke pointing out how "wild and crazy", how odd things might get on the new show.
the new show sucks; the chairman has no flair (and no cow print pirate shirts), the judges comments are dumb, and poor alton brown is stuck trying to make sense of it all.

buckytom said:
that was supposed to be half real, half a joke pointing out how "wild and crazy", how odd things might get on the new show.
the new show sucks; the chairman has no flair (and no cow print pirate shirts), the judges comments are dumb, and poor alton brown is stuck trying to make sense of it all.

You never know with that chef, he did some wacky things on the Japanese version of the show.

Flay and Batalli said normal dishes.

oh, that's what i meant. it was supposed to shock you into being interested in watching the show. i mean, if they wanted to get you to watch it by showing really popular dishes, they wouldn't have put in the eyeball icecream. most westerners would gasp at such an idea, so it was partly for shock, partly a joke. the popularity of the original show (to westerners) was how exotic and strange the ingredients and dishes were. we're used to overblown circus-like pomposities, so kitchen stadium and all of the other stuff was just par for the course. kinda like professional wrestling for chefs. you know it's a goof, but you still watch.

Bangbang said:
Trout Smoothie

1 filet poached trout
2 cups
2 cups pineapple
1 pint skim milk
1 raw egg

Blend

2 cups what?????? did you miss one ingredient???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom