Tuesday, 1/4/11, What's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I am hoping to make soup. I have 1 lb bottom round, carrots, celery, split peas, lentils, quinoa, barley, beans, tomatoes and beef stock. Some or all of that will go into the pot.

Any plans?

I'm thinking that I've got half a container of spaghetti sauce in the fridge that needs using, and 3 cups of taco meat mixture. I'll make up a batch of spaghetti and package some for the freezer.

Last edited:
Have some leftover kaiser rolls from a New Year's Day gathering that are on the edge so tonight is burger night! Will be making 1/4 lb patties and topping with turkey bacon and cheese. Maybe BBQ sauce and onion if I can get to the store.

The kid is returning to college today so it will be hubby and me tonight. After cooking all the kid's favorites, I'm not sure what to make tonight. I'll wait and see what moves me when dinner time comes.

Had a request for roast beef melts tonight. So I think I'll do that. I will likely put on a pot of soup too. I'm craving soup. Msmofet's sounds yummy but I think mine will likely be either turkey based or onion soup. Oooo, roast beef melts and french onion soup! Hmmm...that might be a lot of bread and cheese though, better serve a big salad on the side. OK, thats dinner here!

Leftovers here. Half a rack of babybacks from the other week, I'll thicken up some au jus from the other day and make poutine, and maybe I'll pull a couple ABTs out of the freezer, too.

Leftovers here. Half a rack of babybacks from the other week, I'll thicken up some au jus from the other day and make poutine, and maybe I'll pull a couple ABTs out of the freezer, too.

Do ABTs freeze well? Seems whenever I make them there aren't any left over. :LOL:

GS goes back to school tomorrow so it is his last night with us. I'm making augratin potatoes with ham (heavy on the ham) baby green peas and a green salad. Fruit and cookies for dessert unless someone wants more Christmas cake.

Do ABTs freeze well? Seems whenever I make them there aren't any left over. :LOL:

It's just me eating here and even I'd have a hard time gettin' down ten or so ABTs... and live to tell about it :LOL:

Yeah, they freeze just fine. I thaw before reheating and usually nuke them on a med/high setting to reheat.

It's just me eating here and even I'd have a hard time gettin' down ten or so ABTs... and live to tell about it :LOL:

Yeah, they freeze just fine. I thaw before reheating and usually nuke them on a med/high setting to reheat.

I never tried freezing them. I figured the jalapeno would get soft and mushy and the cheese would change texture.

haha That's funny! If you're anything like me, you've tried!
Thanks for the info, next time I will make extra EXTRA!

I never tried freezing them. I figured the jalapeno would get soft and mushy and the cheese would change texture.

When I smoke them they are on long enough that the pepper is soft anyway, so I don't notice a change that way. And I put lil smokies in mine, so not a lot of cream cheese in mine either. They aren't the same as just cooked, but they are very passable.

mmm... ABTs...

Attachments

• 11-16abts.jpg
    11-16abts.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 168
I remembered last night, just before I started filling up my lunch bucket, that we are having Chinese brought in at work today. I'll be having Chicken Osaka...lemon chicken over noodles.

Did up a Beef Bourguignon last night, so I am currently making a beef noodle soup out of the leftovers. I'll probably have that for lunch and dinner because I have a very busy day ahead. The snow capsized the tarp which covers my boat so I have to go and work on my boat in the middle of winter. Gotta love that. My worktruck went caput on me, so I have to try and get it going, laundry, dishes, trip into town, walk dog, jog. So much for a day off.:(

Using up some of the smoked turkey and prepped most of it last night....kind of like a Turkey A La King over biscuits....YUM! Just have to reheat it and add frozen peas at the very last. Maybe some fruit w/ it.

Homemade Beef Barley Soup (not a very good picture).

img_955374_0_eda8dd87f2458682a2019c2aad1ce272.jpg

When I smoke them they are on long enough that the pepper is soft anyway, so I don't notice a change that way. And I put lil smokies in mine, so not a lot of cream cheese in mine either. They aren't the same as just cooked, but they are very passable.

mmm... ABTs...

Looks fantastic! I want some.

I find that the longer you smoke them, the less heat remains. I also put lil smokies in with the seasoned cream cheese. Depending on the size of the pepper, I use a half a smokie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom