Tuesday 12/19/17 What Are Making For Supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I've got a Hawaiian Feast or Luau at the ready for our evening meal:

kalua pig and lomi.jpg
[file photo]

Kalua Pork with Cabbage, steamed White Rice and Lomi Lomi Salmon

kalua-pig-packages.jpg
[file photo]

I made up about 6 pounds worth of Kalua Pig before my Mother arrived to spend the month of December with us...

Lomi Lomi Salmon.jpg
[file photo]

... also some Salt Salmon in order to make Lomi Lomi Salmon to accompany it.

Hawaii May 2012 072.jpg
[file photo]

I'll also steam some Okinawian Purple Sweet Potato, MMM!! ONO! :yum:

What's for for supper at your place?

What I made Saturday - beef and cheese manicotti, and I'll be making a fresh green salad tonight. I didn't know how much it was going to yield, as I was rolling flat pasta, so I made a 500 g batch (1.1 lbs). It was enough for three 8 x 8 baking dishes, 10 rolls in each. I had just a small bit of filling left over. We had one dish Saturday, I gave a dish to our daughter and SIL on Sunday, and we're having the last of it tonight. It really came out well with the fresh pasta, which I used straight from the machine.

Salmon. My meds got back ordered. I am dizzy, nauseous, sweating and hoping my Dad doesn't forget to pick them up on his way home from curling. Gotta love time released meds when are back ordered.

Tonight is the go-to meal around here, baked chicken breasts and Brussels sprouts. We eat it at least once a week, if not two or three times. Easy to make and filling.

I’ll be off to the condo boards annual dinner. SO and GD are having some of the golobkies she made for her brother.

I decided to try something different tonight, and cooked up a couple of chicken breasts sous vide (using J. Kenji López-Alt's recipe). I finished them off by frying in duck fat to crisp up the skin. The side is cheesy broccoflower rice.

lTwSO7x.jpg

I decided to try something different tonight, and cooked up a couple of chicken breasts sous vide (using J. Kenji López-Alt's recipe). I finished them off by frying in duck fat to crisp up the skin. The side is cheesy broccoflower rice.

lTwSO7x.jpg
That looks great. At first I thought it was glazed salmon.

I'm still trying to lose the 8 pounds I gained on the road, eating at restaurants. So, I'm grazing on fresh fruits and veggies tonight. I think a lot of it is water weight around the belly due to the excessive amount of sodium in restaurant food, so the fresh fruits and veggies should help leach that out of my body.

CD

lTwSO7x.jpg

That looks and sounds really, really good.

CD

There is a lot of fresh fruit for good prices right now. Made a fresh fruit salad with bananas, oranges, apples, and blueberries. Made blueberry muffins to go with the salad and leftover mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy.

There is a lot of fresh fruit for good prices right now. Made a fresh fruit salad with bananas, oranges, apples, and blueberries. Made blueberry muffins to go with the salad and leftover mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy.

I'm not finding the quality of fresh produce that you are, apparently. I love bananas, but I have a moderate, but significant allergy to bananas. I can eat them cooked, and get away with it. Eating a fresh banana makes my mouth itch and my belly ache. Nothing severe, just unpleasant. Washington apples are actually in season. I'm enjoying them now.

CD

An old family favorite using (old) hot dogs from the freezer. Gotta use them up, but they give me major indigestion if they've been frozen longer than a month. :wacko: Weird, huh? I brought plenty of "Tums".

Sauteed onions, pan-steamed potato cubes till almost tender, tossed in the onions and bite-sized hot dog pieces. Cooked until the potatoes were done and the hot dog cut ends were browned. Served with pepper, ketchup, Sriracha sauce, and Louisiana hot sauce. One, that's ONE, food item cleaned out of Loverly's freezer!

Time for another antacid tablet...

I've got a Hawaiian Feast or Luau at the ready for our evening meal:

View attachment 28695
[file photo]

Kalua Pork with Cabbage, steamed White Rice and Lomi Lomi Salmon

View attachment 28696
[file photo]

I made up about 6 pounds worth of Kalua Pig before my Mother arrived to spend the month of December with us...

View attachment 28697
[file photo]

... also some Salt Salmon in order to make Lomi Lomi Salmon to accompany it.

View attachment 28698
[file photo]

I'll also steam some Okinawian Purple Sweet Potato, MMM!! ONO! :yum:

What's for for supper at your place?

001.JPG
MMM!

Dessert was Trader Joe's Kringle, that's good!

We had "clean out the fridge and freezer night".

TB had a buffet of salmon, risotto & pulled pork (meat only)

I had some mushroom soup that was left over from the last time I made it and frozen. I also had a bit of the risotto and pork.

I am getting closer to being able to move the freezer out of the kitchen! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom