Tuesday, 2/7/2017, what you munching on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pork with chantrelles and button mushrooms in a in white wine cream sauce. Mixed green salad with artichokes...
y4k8WXb.jpg

So not far, Rock, you're a Pro ;)
that looks a~maz~ing!
Just wish DH would eat that, but... "Ewwww, that's creamy, I don't like that"
:LOL: please add 10 year old whiny little boy voice here for effect... :ROFLMAO:

...and let me add that looks so not out of focus dude!

Last edited:
K, what is the flavor profile of that sauce?
I've seen it, but still not sure.
I tried their curry simmer sauce but DH was, "umm, not sure about this one, maybe we don't get this again".

Hmm, I don't know exactly what you're asking Kgirl. I can't stand Indian style curry, but I really like the Thai Green Curry simmer sauce. We think it's very tasty.:yum:

Here are the ingredients, K-girl. I'm with Kay, can't stand Indian curry, but Thai I love.

ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1486521933.824808.jpg

My SIL and her 2 girls go absolutely CRAZY for Onion Dip.
We would always have Christmas Eve at their house (Christmas Day with my family) and one year I decided to make them a for real-made from scratch Caramelized Onion Dip with a recipe I found, spent all dang day on it. I was all puffed up with pride over my achievement, I placed a gorgeous bowl of dip `n chip in front of my 3 gals... "What is this? It tastes nasty." :ohmy:
I was heart broken!
My elder niece promptly went into the kitchen, got out a package of Lipton Onion Soup mix and said, "Auntie, this is how you do it".
:rolleyes::LOL::cool:

:LOL: kgirl, your story about making the onion dip from scratch and getting mediocre responses reminded me of years ago when I made a homemade German Chocolate Cake for my new husband's brother. I knew he loved GC Cake, and wanted to make an impression. He said it was "really good, almost as good as a boxed cake mix." :ohmy::glare::LOL: I never made another one for him. LOL

:LOL: kgirl, your story about making the onion dip from scratch and getting mediocre responses reminded me of years ago when I made a homemade German Chocolate Cake for my new husband's brother. I knew he loved GC Cake, and wanted to make an impression. He said it was "really good, almost as good as a boxed cake mix." :ohmy::glare::LOL: I never made another one for him. LOL

This would annoy me greatly too! No more home made GC cake for you, BIL!

Thanks, Steve. Not as well photographed as your pictures. I can't, for the life of me, take a picture that isn't out of focus....I have Nikon Coolpix. It should be able to take a decent picture, but for some reason, I can't.

I'm a commercial photographer, and your problem is probably not focus blur, but motion blur, if you are using available kitchen light.

I did a super-simple food photo tutorial for another forum. If there is some interest, I could post it up on DC. My specialty is automotive photography, so my food styling talents are somewhat marginal. But, a lot of people did up their game using my tips.

My only hesitation is that, in the past, camera buffs tend to want to show off their photographic knowledge, and make things more difficult than they need to be for the cook who just wants to take a decent food picture with their iPhone. I'd prefer to help the cook with the iPhone than get into a discussion of cameras and advanced photoshop techniques that makes other forum member's heads spin.

Anyway, back on topic. It was good old Italian sausage and peppers tonight. So easy, and so good. Just some Italian sausage, sliced red and green bell peppers, and a sliced onion cooked in my jumbo skillet.

I didn't photograph tonight's dinner, but here is a picture of the exact same dish I made a while back.

CD

Attachments

• SausagePeppers.jpg
    SausagePeppers.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 76
Rock...I could just dive in to that dinner of yours, looks fantastic! Everyone's dinners looks and sound mouthwatering. :yum:

Taco salad for dinner here this afternoon - drained and rinsed black beans, chopped red bell, romaine, onion, crumbled tortilla chips, and topped with ranch dressing. Simple, but good.

Thanks, everybody...Caseydog, I'm not going to get too involved in photogarphy..I just want to get decent pics to post. Not going to spend any more money on cameras...the camera I have can take a great photo but when I get close it seems to get blurry..even with the close up setting...it has a food photo setting which takes even worse photos...:LOL:

Chunks of beef chuck eye roast in a savory sauce, over tender crisp broccoli trees. (low carb)

Between medtran, Kayelle, Steve, Roch, and me, it looks like a lot of peppers and onions died in the making of our dinners. Guess they were on sale everywhere?

K-Girl, are those salad plates Pfaltzgraff Folk Art pattern? The rims look like mine.

I ended up making polenta* tonight. Nice and creamy. :yum: Lots of peppers, onions, and mushrooms (at least 3 pounds of veggies) and a half pound of Chihuahua cheese topped about a pound of chicken breasts. Half of what I made is put away for another dinner. Bonus!

* BTW, what is the difference between grits and polenta? About $15. ;)

Attachments

• 2017-02-07 20.39.56.jpg
    2017-02-07 20.39.56.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 71
Autumn steaks:
500 gram of ground beef
1 carrot grated
1 parnisp grated
1 celariak root grated
1 onion grated.
salt, peppar and thyme to taste.

The recipe vague , but does work. You need about 1½ cup of grated veggies , then you add it to the meat and work it in. Make patties and fry until brown. Taste really yummy.

Back
Top Bottom