Tuesday 6/22/21 What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Tonight it will be fresh corn on the cob and BLT's, with lettuce from the garden and tomatoes from our weekly farmers market.

What are you fixing?

Last edited:
Taco Tuesday !
Chicken Tacos, Rice, no Beans..........

Tacos, Chicken.jpg

Another batch of gazpacho, with the last bag of tomatoes from the freezer from last season. The garlic was still from last season, but nothing else. I've been trying to use up as much as possible from the freezer - still have a generous amount of beans, as well as some tomatillos, eggplant purée, roasted chiles, and squash blossoms. Okra, and now the tomatoes, are gone.
Another 4 quarts of gazpacho! by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:
Pasta salad with wilted arugula, gaeta olives, ricotta salata and a dressing made with EVOO, lemon juice, black pepper, fresh thyme and cayenne. Craig put it together.

Attachments

• 2021-06-22 18.35.50.jpg
    2021-06-22 18.35.50.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 79
Making an epic slumgullion for dinner tonight. Still need to make garlic bread. I took a picture with my phone, and emailed it to myself. I can't seem to attach it to my post. Oh well, it tastes great anyway.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Maybe I can email the picture to one of you tech wizards, and you can figure out how to attach the picture. Any takers?
If so, PM me your email address.:)

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I ran down to Aldi to shop, so I bought a big tub of spring mix and a Mama Cozzi take and bake pizza. I used to get the pizzas from the fresh food case, but those are too big for the two of us anymore - we end up with more leftovers than what we eat. I got a smaller one from the freezer, a rising crust style. While the salad was fine, I messed up the pizza. First, it had defrosted by the time I drove home and made the salads. While it's supposed to bake at 400, I decided to use my pizza stone and pre-heated the oven to 550. Well...I forgot to turn the heat down when I put the pizza in. Remembered when the cheese that slipped onto the bottom of the oven started sending out smoke signals. While the pizza turned out pretty much fine, the crust was, shall we say, extra crispy.

My dentist warned me when she was rebuilding a molar that I would eventually need a crown. Well, the time is now. That little piece of something hard wasn't a bit of olive pit. [emoji853]

Hash, if I had to name it

Diced pork loin, potato, zucchini, onion, poblano, cumin, garlic, olive oil, and fresh thyme with homemade corn tortillas.

CG, count yourself blessed. I've no teeth left to lose.

Too pooped after today's produce / grocery delivery at 17:00 (5 PM), to make supper. We ordered subs and finished off the Thai soup from last week's Thai delivery.

We had hot dogs and chips.

Jeannie picked up an Aldi cheesecake sampler so, I had a slice of raspberry and she had lemon. Was pretty good. :yum:

Ross

Back
Top Bottom