Tuesday Dinner - 7/24/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Discussions of risotto got me going, so I made risotto Milanese in the Zoji. Grilled chicken breasts in Italian dry rub seasonings (basil, oregano, garlic powder, S&P), green salad on the side.

Shrimp Jambalya & raspberry cheesecake

39817-albums1064-picture7508.jpg
[/IMG]

I had Homemade chicken soup over brown rice topped with fresh grated parm reg and romano cheeses.

Green bean casserole, zucchini curry. We canned fresh corn taken off the cob and had extra, it was so sweet! Love fresh corn.

I could eat fresh corn three meals a day, bliss! :yum:

Roch, that sniffing dog GIF is hilarious!

A combination of sleepy and hungry results in a supper not worthy of photos. :LOL: Everything turned out a little...um, cajun?

We split a large mushroom omelet with the addition of sauteed onions on Himself's half and spinach on my half. Lots of mozz cheese all around. Also had apple and maple breakfast sausages, and potato "crowns" - basically flat versions of Tater Tots.

I pan-fried bratwurst from the freezer and served them on burger buns I made the other day (I was too lazy to stuff them into casings [emoji38]). Sides were German cucumber salad sautéed beans from the garden and sauerkraut simmered with caraway seeds and fresh thyme.
0724182021a.jpg

Taco Tuesday...haven't done this in like, what, 2 months?

001.jpg

Grilled Cod with Chipotle seasoning
Flour Tortillas
matchstick sliced Radish
green onions
shredded lettuce
diced avocado
homemade pico de gallo
a small squeeze of lime

YUM!!!

That was the first time I've ever made Pico De Gallo,
used this recipe
Even DH was impressed, and that's really saying something, he doesn't care for Mexican food so much, but eats it because I like it... tonight was different though. He asked what I did different and said that I should make it this way from now on.
DH: What else can you put in a taco?
Me: Whatever you like, fish, seafood, chicken pork, beef or just veggies
DH: Let's try this again with pork
:huh::ohmy::ermm::LOL::chef:

Some lovely looking and sounding dinners last night!

We had an easy dinner, conch chowder from the freezer.

Taco Tuesday... YUM!!!

That was the first time I've ever made Pico De Gallo,
used this recipe
Even DH was impressed, and that's really saying something, he doesn't care for Mexican food so much, but eats it because I like it... tonight was different though. He asked what I did different and said that I should make it this way from now on.
DH: What else can you put in a taco?
Me: Whatever you like, fish, seafood, chicken pork, beef or just veggies
DH: Let's try this again with pork
:huh::ohmy::ermm:[emoji38]:chef:

Did you know Rick Bayless has a YouTube channel? He uploads a new video every week, most of them about making tacos. This past week was about tacos al pastor, or tacos made with pork shoulder. They're really good.

Here's the channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7GcvD-x1gnb8zfsXR5Chxg

And here is this week's episode: https://youtu.be/o1Hivd9AI6Q

Rick Bayless is extremely talented and entertaining..

As someone (perhaps CD) stated in a previous thread, Rick can demonstrate some pretty intricate recipes which, at times, just wear me out.. Finding some of his ingredients can be frustrating.. :LOL:

Ross

Back
Top Bottom