Tuesday dinner 8/7/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm doing some thighs with lime and cilantro. Sides will be Spanish Rice and glorified salads made with part of the produce haul I made at the dollar store today, including a beautiful head of butter lettuce. Tiz a pretty thing with it's roots in it's own clear plastic box. $1.00 score..

Chicken Greek Salad for two..

Attachments

• 38674308_2175507832731097_726082788532420608_n (2).jpg
    38674308_2175507832731097_726082788532420608_n (2).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 173
I made a big pot of tomato sauce with some pork bones for extra flavor. We had that on pasta with salad and corn on the cob. I think the best part is picking the meat off the bones and eating it - chef's prerogative.

Maybe today is a fasting day?

3 bean salad, a slice of one year old cheddar cheese, tomato and crouton salad.
Busketti for the guys.

TJ's chicken cilantro wontons with rhubarb ginger soy dipping sauce.

Chicken Greek Salad for two..
Lovely, Roch, but for two? I probably use more greens, etc, on one salad when I make them for us. Then again, each of our salads gets about 1/2 of a chicken breast. We like our veggies. :LOL:

It was a kind of cook's day off. I made hot ham and cheese sandwiches on kaiser rolls, a cuke-and-red onion salad for Himself (I got the vinegar water right even though I didn't even taste it :LOL: ); sliced tomatoes and "marinated" them in balsamic vinegar-EVOO-Italian seasonings-fresh basil; and a fresh corn-black bean-tomato dish. Himself sprinkled more red onions on his serving while we both had crumbled cojita cheese.

The food looked so good. I took a photo. This phone takes really nice pictures. You might eventually get to see them. I still need to set up some stuff on the phone...

I watched a Binging with Babbish video yesterday, and decided to make what he made, a Rochester, NY famous Garbage Plate. It looked interesting, and was. I can't get Zweigle's red hots here, so I used Earl Campbell's(yes, the football legend) red hots, instead. I also used French fries, instead of home fries, which is allowable, according to Rochester traditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjoeVwJTUTA

It was not bad, but not great, either. It was WAY too much food for me to eat in one meal.

Picture of mine below...

CD

Attachments

• _DSC4610.jpg
    _DSC4610.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
We had cold veggie & fruit plates again last night - I probably will again tonight but Mom wants potato, onion, & kielbasa soup today. So, a small pot she will get, just enough for her.

Tatemado de Colima or spicy coconut vinegar braised pork, and refried black beans.

Attachments

• 2018-08-07 19.25.16.jpg
    2018-08-07 19.25.16.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 136
DH has been on vacation for the past week, since our former exchange student and her family were staying with us. He went back to work today and wanted grilled steak for dinner, so we had that, along with microwaved-then-grilled baby potatoes and caprese salad.
0807182022.jpg

Back
Top Bottom