Tuesday dinner plans, 1/29/08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ol-blue's Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf and Curried Sweet Potatoes.

Right now, the wind chill is -5 F. The crazy thing is that it was over 60 degrees this morning.

I made a spicy Indian curry with chicken, peas and mangos in it. YUM. We also had basmati rice. I am comtemplating brownies, but will probably restrain myself.

dinner came out pretty good... soup hit the spot

img_541497_0_a83496c17ee529c011cf14ebc8734223.jpg

img_541497_1_32682644e1248149e6df7438cd54cb99.jpg

Black Angus Sirloin Tip Roast

Got a big thumbs up from the family tonight!

Attachments

• ForDC1.jpg
    ForDC1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 174
  • ForDC2.jpg
    ForDC2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 197
Ol-blue's Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf and Curried Sweet Potatoes.

Right now, the wind chill is -5 F. The crazy thing is that it was over 60 degrees this morning.
oh please report on how it is or how it was.
I'm dying to make that darn thing but it'll have to wait until next week.
this week, won't be much more cookin, but will be time for poutine....
Okay, Lefse, I know Canadian "bacon", and that there is real difference between Canadian and American cream cheese, but Canadian Peanut butter? I am very curious.
Lefse, I haven't forgotten your recipes, they are all ready to go; however, I am only allowed at the computer for a few minutes at a time so I will get them up when I can.
Our DIL is Canadian. She is the one that gave me the idea of buying food stuffs when I am in Canada telling me there is a difference. Last time there, a month ago, in the snow, I bought 12 jars of Skippy. 2 squeeze jars of Rogers golden syrup and two large canisters of bittersweet dark chocolate cocoa mix. That was fun bringing home..........................not!!:mellow: In the past, I've brought Orea cookies, all of the flavors, love the fun flavors at Christmas. Kit Kat bars are better too and Kraft Mac and Cheese, plus she likes me to get her the Smarties chocolate candys when I'm there. Skippy is sooooooooooooooooo much creamier, the Canadian version, I mean.
LEFSElover, I'm blaming this all on you.LOL

It's a Jimmy Buffet sort of day and I'm havin

Cheeseburger in paradise
Heaven on earth with an onion slice
Not too particular not too precise
I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise
hey there parrothead, don't you dare blame me for the forecast.:ROFLMAO:
I live in sunny southern California, where it's, uh, ummm, frizzilatin!:huh:
and if I may say so, that cheeseburgers in paradise song is one of our favorites right along with almost anything else Mr. Buffet sings.
Love the guys. So go to Margaritaville and get yourself one a those too.:-p

Last edited:
oh please report on how it is or how it was.
I'm dying to make that darn thing but it'll have to wait until next week.
this week, won't be much more cookin, but will be time for poutine....

I got a little carried away with the bell peppers and mine turned out more of a pepper loaf than a meat loaf. That being said, it is definitely worth trying and I think it will be worth your wait.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom