Tuesday, Jan 8th 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We'll be cleaning out food from the fridge in anticipation of leaving our daughter's on Thursday. She's given me explicit instructions to leave no leftovers! I'll be using the last two Italian sausages, frying them up with peppers and onions. Salad, too. And graze through the leftovers if we're still interested in eating.

Sweet and Sour Chicken and Jasmine Rice

sweet_sour_chicken_010819_IMG_5269.jpg

I cooked a couple of boneless pork chops sous vide to 140ºF then seared them quickly in a hot cast iron skillet. I baked a couple of small sweet potatoes using a combination of microwave and toaster oven then seasoned them with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar. The meal was rounded out with some steamed green beans.

I was pleased by the results of the sous vide chops. They were juicy and tender with a slight pink tinge. They seared quickly to a nice brown color.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_5457.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_5457.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 102
Mmm, mofet, Andy, and s&p, that looks great. I'm so hungry. Been out shopping for a bull bar and bumper bully for the new car before I start driving into the city everyday.

Just got into work, did my system checks, and now it's time to dig into leftover kielbasi, kraut and onions, and cheesey mashed.

Attachments

• 0108192339d.jpg
    0108192339d.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 100
Last night I made some headway in working through the freezer - I used frozen shrimp and puréed tomatoes from last summer's garden to make Greek baked shrimp with seasoned tomato sauce and feta, sprinkled with julienned mint from the garden and served over orzo. I also made Greek salad on the side.
0108192016a.jpg0108192027a.jpg0108192027c.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom