Tuesday's Dinner - 6/7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Went to buy a "Ham Steak" (The big, round cut with the little round bone)
which I've always used in Ham & Cabbage.... three different stores ,
Giant, Acme and Shop-Rite, all said they hadn't had that cut in months......
Had to use the ones I've been grilling lately; Hatfield Brand....

Ham & Cabbage ...
Ham, Cabbage, Red Spuds, Carrots, Pearl Onions, Chicken Broth,
Minced Garlic, S&P...

Ham & Cabbage 6-7-22.jpg

I follow a bakery back home that is owned by friends of Loverly. They opened up a winery and restaurant a few years ago. Last week they posted a photo of soft shrimp tacos that looked good. I made my riff on them tonight. They had corn, black beans, shredded cabbage, and shrimp sauteed with Penzys Arizona Dreaming seasoning. Also added some thinly sliced onion to Himself's. They were also supposed to have avocado, but I forgot to check Aldi for them yesterday. I turned some sour cream into crema with the addition of lime juice and zest. Himself said it was the perfect addition to the really good tacos. I will make these again. We also had refried beans topped with cheese and taco sauce

Finally did Taco Tuesday on a Tuesday! Completely accidental.
IMG_20220607_214347153.jpg

We had the leftovers from the Indian resto delivery we had on Sunday. There weren't any vegis left, so I opened a ready cooked bag of a potato curry (I can't remember which type of curry, but it was good.) and nuked everything. We had pineapple for dessert. I have just discovered that the grocery store sells fresh pineapple that is one big block, minus the skin and core. That was soooo good. I think we will be getting that again.

Jeannie wanted a salad. I thought that was a bit too healthy so, I made her the salad and, for me, a grilled cheese and turkey sandwich.

Baked a small chocolate cake for dessert.

Ross

IMG_20220607_125132401.jpgIMG_20220607_165218691.jpg

Store bought Cannelloni with Spinach/Ricotta and a Rose Sauce. Very yummy and very easy.

Just Cooking? How small is that cake? Looks pretty big to me!

We had a sandwich of sorts! I got the idea from CG, but made it completely different. :ROFLMAO: I had this recipe for a "soft Naan bread" that I've been wanting to try. I thought it might work well for DH, as breads and wraps have been a challenge for him lately (no surprise there!) So, I put that into the bread machine, even though that wasn't called for in the recipe...and it worked out very well! I used that bread, a bit of ranch dressing, lettuce, tomato, green onions, then topped that with sub sauce and a turkey, jalapeno/cheese patty (freezer supply), grilled on the panini press. Put some radishes on his sandwich and feta on mine. It was tasty and a hit with DH. The bread worked very well indeed!

IMG_6533 (2).jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom