Tuesday's Dinner - 7/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Sloppy Jose' (Burger, Chopped Onions,
Chili powder, Garlic Powder, Smoked Paprika and
Cumin in Manwich Sauce)

On a Burger Bun....
Air Fries, Mexi-Corn (Onion Powder, Garlic
Powder, Chopped Jalapeno's)

Sandwich, Sloppy Jose'  7-19-22.jpg

Yesterday I baked some sausages, a chicken breast, and some vegi meatballs. I was afraid they would go off if I didn't deal with them ASAP.

Today, I cut the sausages the long way and fried them. They hadn't gotten much Maillard effect in the oven. I boiled some fingerling potatoes and reheated the vegi meatballs. I figured they could count as our vegi, since I just didn't have the energy to do more.

The French onion sausages were wonderful. The fingerling potatoes were delicious (I peeled mine at the table), and the vegi meatballs were pretty awful. DH had one. I didn't even finish one. We agreed that we would eat them if we were starving. I threw the rest of them out. Well, it was an experiment that won't be repeated. No pix, I was too tired.

Garden lettuce salad with mustard dressing and S&P. Battered breaded baked cauliflower 'wings', stir fry sauce. Peach and Nectarine.

I made a simple potato salad with Jacques Pepin's "mayogrette" dressing. Also nuked an ear of corn and mixed the kernels with a chopped tomato, Hawaiian sea salt, and grains of paradise. Himself went out to grill burgers - sauteed onions inside his, mushrooms in mine - and promptly ran out of propane. I finished them off in a frypan on the stove. Not what my taste buds were set for. *sigh*

IMG_20220719_205259658_HDR.jpg

Skirt steak seared in a cast-iron pan, scalloped potatoes, steamed asparagus topped with butter, and grated parmigiano reggiano & pecorino romano cheeses.
I only ate a small piece of steak. The rest may be steak and eggs for brunch or dinner.

skirt_steak_071922_img_9842-jpg.51406

I made a simple potato salad with Jacques Pepin's "mayogrette" dressing. Also nuked an ear of corn and mixed the kernels with a chopped tomato, Hawaiian sea salt, and grains of paradise. Himself went out to grill burgers - sauteed onions inside his, mushrooms in mine - and promptly ran out of propane. I finished them off in a frypan on the stove. Not what my taste buds were set for. *sigh*

View attachment 52622
Your plate looks wonderful. Can you please post recipe/ingredients (or private message me) for the Jacques Pepin's "mayogrette" dressing?

Last edited:
I saw Jacques Pépin make a "mayogrette" on a FB video. It was just some store bought mayo added as he was making his regular, simple vinaigrette. His regular, simple vinaigrette is EVOO, wine vinegar, a bit of Dijon, all shaken together in a jar. I don't remember for sure if he used Dijon in the mayogrette or just the other vinaigrette ingredients.

Your plate looks wonderful. Can you please post recipe/ingredients (or private message me) for the Jacques Pepin's "mayogrette" dressing?
Thank you, msm, and the "recipe" is so easy...well, you don't need one! Equal parts mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and warm water. Fresh herbs to taste or availability (I used fresh chives, parsley, and basil from my front porch steps garden, and the last bit of fresh dill from the fridge). Salt and pepper to taste. That's it! I used two Tbsp each of the "liquids" for a bit more than a pound of baby reds.

Thank you, msm, and the "recipe" is so easy...well, you don't need one! Equal parts mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and warm water. Fresh herbs to taste or availability (I used fresh chives, parsley, and basil from my front porch steps garden, and the last bit of fresh dill from the fridge). Salt and pepper to taste. That's it! I used two Tbsp each of the "liquids" for a bit more than a pound of baby reds.

Thank you CG.

Back
Top Bottom