Tuesday's dinner Thread 8/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Grilled Rib Eye, Baked Russet w/ Butter, Some Very Adult Asparagus Spears, Steamed...........

Rib Eye, grilled.jpg

Barbacoa beef street tacos. Choice of white corn or flour tortillas. Toppings to choose from - were onion, scallions, tomato, black olives, lettuce, cheddar cheese, sour cream, taco sauce, Salsa Verde, cilantro and lime. I had 1 flour and 2 corn tortillas with a little of everything on top.

barbacoa_beef_tacos_080821_IMG_8411.jpg

We had cold smoked salmon on bagels with cream cheese, sliced onion, and capers. There was also some cole slaw. I put pickles on the table, but neither of us took any. I do love my cold smoked salmon. :yum:

I made a good pasta dish today, from Milk Street, which was from their Tuesday Recipes, and meaning they are quick and easy, as this was. Labeled Ziti with Zucchini Pesto, I used my bottle gourds in place of zucchini - about the same neutral flavor. Has some walnuts, garlic, and Pecorino, along with basil, blended with the shredded gourd, but it needed more basil, so the leftover I stirred some minced basil into, for tomorrow. I must have squeezed more water out of the salted gourd, as it needed more water than the suggested 1/2 c.
Pesto, consisting of bottle gourd, walnits, garlic, basil, and pappadews. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Pasta with bottle gourd (in place of zucchini) pesto, with additional pecorino. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

DH & I were out and about this afternoon and decided
that we'd have linner (late lunch/early dinner) out again,
AND
at the same restaurant as yesterday!
:LOL:

IMG_0769.jpg

Appies of BBQ Beef Stick, Edamame and an order of Egg Rolls

IMG_0770.jpg

DH ordered the Sushi Roll Lunch Special

IMG_0771.jpg

and I went for the Tour Of China Lunch Special,
Mix Veg & Shrimp with Rice (meh, I didn't care for the stir fry sauce, it wasn't Chinese-Style, it was more on the American Sweet side)

We could eat this all, so we have enough tidbits left from the
last few days that should someone get hungry, I could slap
together a Mixed Plate Special ala K~Girl
:chef:

A last minute acquisition of a Costco Rot Chick resulted in a chicken quesadilla for dinner tonight. A salad and a beer to make it a complete meal.

155A7ABA-5AA9-461D-A131-EC0A6DBAAB9E_1_105_c.jpg

K-Girl, looks like you found a winner dinner place near Cowboyville! Yay!

Talk of tortilla, pita and naan bread pizzas in another thread got me thinking about the latter. That's what we had tonight. Himself's had pepperoni and mushrooms. Mime was loaded with veggies: spinach, mushrooms, tomato, fresh basil, and olives... which are actually a stone fruit. Don't think I'll be adding those to my next cherry pie.

IMG_20210810_204319140.jpg

Last edited:
Smoked salmon in a sauce of minced onion, butter, flour, white wine, cream, capers, salt, pepper, and tarragon. Served over gnocchi on a bed of baby arugula from the greenhouse.

OV4Llso.jpg

Glass of Cline north coast California viognier.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom