Tuesday's Kitchen Effort 10/5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Chicken & Rice with Mushrooms, Steamed, Buttered & Parsleyed Carrots.....
Sliced the Chicken "Hasselback" Style, but thicker... Rubbed with Paprika and Red Pepper; Filled the Cuts with Mushroom Pieces.........
Then applied Mushroom Gravy over it...

Chicken Breast,& Mushrooms.jpg

My sweetheart wanted "something with shrimp". I wanted to try something different. So I whipped up a recipe featuring shrimp, chipotle in adobo, cajun spice, tomato, red bell pepper and cavatappi. We agreed it was a tad too hot but OK otherwise. I added some cream to the leftover to mitigate the heat some. We'll see if that helps.

1D687236-6BAC-410D-BE5E-E3C3C209B4EA_1_105_c.jpg

I had to cook up some ground beef I had pulled from the freezer with intentions. Instead, I made a quick meal of salads and slop. Slop was my Mom's name for her pan supper of sauteed beef and onions mixed with carrot disks, noodles, and tomato soup. Himself isn't a fan of tomato soup, so I made it with sauce. It just wasn't the same. I'm not sure if it's the flavor or that I liked it better as a kid.

IMG_20211005_204904218.jpg

DH has really gotten into Taco Tuesday lately, so tonight we had good old ground beef tacos with crispy corn shells. Easy and filling.

Hope you are feeling better Taxy!

We had Borscht for lunch (pulled from the freezer, and the last of it, so time for a new batch!)...and then, I made Pot Roast for dinner. Got the roast at a wonderful butcher in Post Falls. Decided we wanted mashed instead of white potatoes in the pot. Wonderful meals, both!

IMG_5607 (2).jpg

IMG_5610 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom