Two baking stones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I've been thinking about baking one pizza with 2 stones in the oven, stone on upper rack and pizza on the stone on lower rack. Anyone try this method ? Suppose to give a crisper crust as well as cook the toppings better.

Depending on how close the top stone is to the pizza surface, it may radiate more intense and continuous heat down onto the topping. That would cause the whole pizza to cook faster.

I've been thinking about baking one pizza with 2 stones in the oven, stone on upper rack and pizza on the stone on lower rack. Anyone try this method ? Suppose to give a crisper crust as well as cook the toppings better.
LC,
I have an insert the fits in my oven stone on both sides and the bottom, the crust goes right on the bottom stone and let me tell you it is really nice,we love it.
kades

Depending on how close the top stone is to the pizza surface, it may radiate more intense and continuous heat down onto the topping. That would cause the whole pizza to cook faster.

But you'd only have to crank up the oven heat to get the same effect without using an additional stone.

I supposed that makes sense. I just have not seen an oven that has slats close enough to each other to be able to really do that.

Back
Top Bottom