"Two Fat Ladies" Red Alert!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
Woo Hoo!!! The Cooking Channel will be showing the "Two Fat Ladies" series every Saturday night starting at 10 p.m. The listing shows two 1/2 hour segments back-to-back, so I'm thinking they've either cut them or divied them up as I "think" they originally were hour shows. But regardless - what fun. It also looks like they'll be repeating them a few hours later - 2 a.m. I believe.

While I do have the series on dvd (as well as their cookbooks), it'll still be fun to tune in. But any of you "Fat Ladies" fans - time to set your recorders!!!

Oh goodness. I forgot about them. They were Awesome!! Thanks for posting, I'll be watching. Oh crap, no I won't. I don't think I get the Food Channel yet.

They're not on The Food Network channel, it's Food Network's new channel "The Cooking Channel". Food Network replaced their "Fine Living" channel with it, so if you got "Fine Living" (which many people may not even realize they had, since I don't think it was a premium cable channel), you now have Cooking Channel instead.

They're not on The Food Network channel, it's Food Network's new channel "The Cooking Channel". Food Network replaced their "Fine Living" channel with it, so if you got "Fine Living" (which many people may not even realize they had, since I don't think it was a premium cable channel), you now have Cooking Channel instead.

FLN certainly was not a featured channel on my cable service. It's not available in HD and it's hidden in an obscure part of the channel line-up.

Yeah I don't know if fine living was even available in HD. Luckily it is right near HGTV and Food Network on my TV service, so it wasn't too hard to find.

I just scrolled through my cable listings on the internet and found it.

:pig::pig:...two Fat Lady's?? Ha...i've never heard of it. Do they cook fattening foods? I think I'll be able to watch it this Saturday nite (unless i'm busy sat. nite...so many hot dates, so little time :-p)
Thank you, Breezy

:pig::pig:...two Fat Lady's?? Ha...i've never heard of it. Do they cook fattening foods? I think I'll be able to watch it this Saturday nite (unless i'm busy sat. nite...so many hot dates, so little time :-p)
Thank you, Breezy

Mollyanne they are like the British version of Paula Dean only two of them, very fattening foods but highly entertaining... :LOL::LOL:

Thank you, Breezy

Mollyanne.....you'll love them!! Not worth passing on a hot date, so record them.;) YouTube - Two Fat Ladies Cotswold Pony Club

Warning!! Warning!! Do not google "two fat ladies".....you'll come up with pictures you'd never want to see, and that well, give great incentive to sticking to my diet.

I enjoyed them, Didn't the dark haired one pass on? Loved how they went around on the motorcycle.

Yes, "Jennifer", the "dark-haired one" (who uncannily resembled one of my grandmothers) passed away several years ago. Very sad. Especially since the "Two Fat Ladies" were really just catching on in the U.S. with not only their tv series, but cookbooks, etc. Clarissa is still around, but no longer in any spotlight.

Whoooo Hoooo! I LOVE them! I too have the DVD set and the cook books. The shows run about 30 minutes but I'm sure they cut them down to fit in commercials. I'm actually rewatching the series now.

If you have never seen them they are a hoot! It will take some getting used to the terms and phrases, but you will pick it up. If not, just ask.

Remember.. "just a knob of butter" :)

And did they ever make ANYTHING, that wasn't just oozing butter? LOL!!! Just terrific stuff. Not stuff you'd want to make every day, but terrific nonetheless. And they were just such wonderful joyous tv personalities. Happy with themselves & happy with life.

Lot of butter, lots of streaky bacon. lots of cream. I just watched the episode last night where Clarissa take a grousse, sticks in " a knob of butter", a 1/4 of an apple, and then wraps the bird in bacon.

It looks like they are running the series from the start. Tonight's episodes are the very first two.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom