Tying Steaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
I have been into tying my steaks before grilling them. It forms them into thicker and uniform, compact pieces of meat that cook more evenly. They retain their moisture. It really only works for boneless steaks, but I have attempted a bone-in rib steak with good results. I eat them fairly rare so the string doesn't burn off before they are done. Here are some NY Strips that are about to go on the grill.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 280
Where's my drool rag???? Looks fantastic, perfectly done, just the way I like it!

I think another thing to do is cut the string off as soon as it comes off of the grill to let it relax during the sitting period before you serve/eat it. Anyway. I think it improves the quality of the finished product. Let me know if you try it and what you think.

Yes, pass the drool rag please! I want to tie Rock's steak to my fork!

Yes, pass the drool rag please! I want to tie Rock's steak to my fork!

How about you tie half to your fork and I'll tie the other half to mine. :yum:

Looks like an idea worth trying.

I'd be interested in any science behind it other then it makes the steak a bit thicker.

Thanks for the tip and I'll let you know if and when I get around to it.

Last edited:
When I cook steak for me and Stirling, mine has to be rare and Stirling's well done. I wonder if tying mine and flattening, with my hand, Stirling's would let me cook them in about the same amount of time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom