Ultimate Spatula

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flyfishin4trout

Assistant Cook
I am in search for the most amazing pancake turning, omelet flipping, potato chopping spatula in the universe. Please advise. I have been all over the internets reading and looking at Amazon. Just too many to choose from. I dont mind spending a bit of money on something that I will use every day. Thanks :chef:

I am in search for the most amazing pancake turning, omelet flipping, potato chopping spatula in the universe. Please advise. I have been all over the internets reading and looking at Amazon. Just too many to choose from. I dont mind spending a bit of money on something that I will use every day. Thanks :chef:

Because of the wide difference between the pans and dishes used for a wide variety of foods that need a tool for turning them, it's not possible for one tool to do all jobs needed.

I use metal in the metal pans, wood or plastic tools in the glass or non-stick dishes and pans and the shapes of the tools vary with the type of food I'm turning.

A one-size-fits-all isn't possible. In cooking, the right tool for the right job is important.

I have two main pans I cook in. A All-Clad Stainless Steel Saute Pan 10 inch. And a debuyer 12 inch mineral pan.

I have two main pans I cook in. A All-Clad Stainless Steel Saute Pan 10 inch. And a debuyer 12 inch mineral pan.

Then a high quality, stainless steel set of turners would be my suggestion. No single turner will do everything right.

Sometimes a wide-long, wide-short, narrow-long, narrow-short would be most appropriate for the items being cooked.

In pans where the steel won't harm the surface, a very thin and flexible turner is best. It slides under food easily and has enough strength to hold and turn almost anything.

Sort of a flipper gripper-
Amazon.com: Double Slotted Spatula Tongs by Westmark: Kitchen & Dining

OR

pi_773.jpeg

Last edited:
I just went and counted ten spatula's in my drawer. Like Timothy said, there's not just one that's good for everything, no matter what they claim.
Here's a tip for your drawer...handles go in first, and spatula's upside down.

By the way, welcome to DC! :chef:

Last edited:
Then a high quality, stainless steel set of turners would be my suggestion. No single turner will do everything right.

Sometimes a wide-long, wide-short, narrow-long, narrow-short would be most appropriate for the items being cooked.

In pans where the steel won't harm the surface, a very thin and flexible turner is best. It slides under food easily and has enough strength to hold and turn almost anything.

Sounds great. Any recommendations on brands?

Agree there is no "One Size Fits All" spatula...I have several....mostly inexpensive. Since you mentioned All Clad and your "name' is flyfishin4trout....I have THIS.
It works perfectly...very flexible to get in and under fish filets etc....Sometimes I wish it were not quite so flexible however...With large heavy filets it can almost bend too much going from pan to plate...but you get used to it.

Thanks for the advice. The fish flipper is in the cart as well as the flexible one they sell. Im off to a good start.

There is no tool for everything. I have about 10 different spats and they all do something! , the others , can't do. Like , flip a fish fellet , turn a pork butt. Match the hatch Flyfisher!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom