Using asparagus in this recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, you might need to peel the lower part of the asparagus even after you snap them, if they are the really thick kind.

I would also add them later in the cooking time so they don't turn into asparagus mush.

I actually made that "almost the same" dish, just the other night.
With chunked potatoes, chicken (mine was a breast), and their's called for green beans, which I did not have - so I subbed broccoli spears.

Cooked in the CI pan for approx. 15/20 minutes when the potatoes started to look golden, made some space and put in the broccoli spears and finished roasting for about 10 minutes or so.

My 10" CI pan fits in my toaster oven, there was enough room for two breasts, etal. Supper and lunch for me the next day. Perfect.

Per medtran, tyou only need to peel asparagus if they are really thick stalks.

Oops, well, the principle was 'almost' the same. Guess I have to take it back, the two recipes, Kenji's and mine, although chicken and roasted with vegies are not really the same at all. .... my bad....

and I must say... one of the things I LOVE about Kenji's posts are his "not sparkling" stove/oven. Like any good cook/chef... it is used!

I think it depends on who is eating that dish. Some people find asparagus much more appealing if it has been peeled.

it was better to trim more of the asparagus base.
thankss all
next time the whole recipe will be much better....

Back
Top Bottom