Variations on the ubiquitous NYE queso dip...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A couple of years ago I blew off one of my eyebrows while holding up a roman candle on New Year's Eve at a friend's house. Then I had to go into work later that night with a red burn mark across my face.

Ahh m, good times.

Better that than what happened to that NY Giants defensive player.;)

I've never had a Velveeta dip.. or anything Velveeta.. Now I'm curious...

My daughter discovered Aldi's when she moved to Missouri.. She swears by the store.. When I lived in MO, we stopped into an Aldi's once or twice.. I will revisit that experience when I get there..

Ross

Make a batch, sometime, just for the new experience. Get some low salt chips, if you can. The dip doesn't need any help.

I will say that the ALDI substitute for Velveeta did have a smoother, creamier texture. I didn't notice any difference in saltiness -- they are both too salty, IMO.

I made mine Sunday with one block of Clancy's version of Velveeta, one can of no-salt added Rotel Tomatoes & Chilis, one can of Campbell's Cheddar soup (don't dilute), and one chub of pork breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled.

I have a Cuisinart fondue pot, and I find that it works well for making the dip and keeping it hot -- set on level 3 of 10. A crock pot works well, too.

CD

Back
Top Bottom