Vinegar Tonic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Appreciate

I do miss some things on this site and this is one I am happy I didn't. This is great information and how thankful to you for taking the time to post. I should take more time to read everything. Instead hit and miss a lot.

am -
19.gif
-reporting in!! I found Braggs this week and bought a bottle. I just drank my first "cocktail." I expected to grimace through the whole 8 oz., but it was quite tasty! Thanks again for the great info! Once a day for me :)

Good for you Callie

Way to go. Just don't forget to drink it Let us know how you do. Always anxious to hear good reports. You will notice difference I am sure.

callie said:
I expected to grimace through the whole 8 oz., but it was quite tasty!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Personally I don't care for the taste much and I definatlely grimace the whole way through... I'm up to 3xday and I really do notice a difference, especially if I forget!

buckytom said:
does it have to be apple cider vinegar? i like rice vinegar, straight, or red wine vinegar, or even balsamic...

I guess it would kind of defeat the purpose if I dumped French bread in olive oil and balsamic vinegar before the meal? :):)

After my first 10 days of the acv/honey/hot water regimen, I'm reporting in...:)

I'm drinking two "cocktails" (their word not mine:LOL: ) a day. One in the morning and another late afternoon/early evening. I can definitely tell a difference in my appetite. Maybe that's where the weight loss comes in - I'm not as hungry. I'm eating much smaller portions. So far, I'm committed to sticking with it!

Good News!

callie, way to go! What we or I like to hear. Making a difference is great. How is your energy? Are or you one who never has to slow down? Thanks for sharing. Only encouragement for the rest of us to continue. Keep it up! Keep us posted on your progress. Like to hear something positive.

itk, I started walking in May...not power walking, just a brisk walk for an hour in the mornings five days a week. I can tell a difference in my energy level from that! I feel so much better. As so many on here have said, just getting outside in the fresh air makes a world of difference. I'm not a high energy person - but I'm certainly feeling better!

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Happy to hear it

callie, that is the spirit! Just by the way you post lets one know that you are feeling energy. I am sure all your efforts will be rewarded. Just don't give up! You go, girl.

norgeskog

norgeskog said:
I have a book quoting the value of vinegar, apple cider and white, in health and diet. They recommend drinking 1 tsp vinegar (either) and 1 tsp honey to glass of water 1/2 hour before meals.

Thanks for the reminder! I feel so great when I get to drink this tonic. It can only help. Many, many people who I know that are healthy and up in age, believe in this. You only have to ask to remind them that they do. They feel so good when you tell them you agree with them. Only takes someone like you to remind me of something so beneficial. Hope you don't forget to take yours. Person gets caught up in other things.

My husband takes a tablespoon everyday.You could put it in a little tomato juice to help with the flavor.

I use it a whole different way Im 48 and when I was 23 I started putting 8 parts water to 1 part apple cider vinegar in a spray bottles every time I shower or wash my face, afterwards I spray some on my hands and put it on my face it restores the natural PH or acid mantle to your skin which would take your skin hours to get back to on its own.
I think it helps alot if you dont mind smelling like a tossed salad for a few minutes.

jpmc

Do you only spray your face? Or would it work all over? Does it burn? This is new one. Every little bit helps. Tossed salad doesn't smell bad. Just different.

im 26 and have been taking this stuff for abotu 2 years..
found it in those bragg books (shes a bit obsessive and takes things too far in some cases but i reccomend her books..id have to say 90% educational and 10% wacko)

this stuff works magic.
use it to rinse your mouth out (which you can
-drink and still get a nice dose after - 2 uses in one)
-gargle with it when your sick - it helps kill bacteria in your throat -
-its helped my digestive tract - i use to get acid reflux after eating anything..even bread at times..
-i found i dident need to drink nearly as much caffeine if even any at times.

i found it takes about a month b4 you really start to see any effects though..so you gotta keep up with it..

i never heard of spraying it on your face..
how long do you leave it on your face for?
id liek to wash it off before i get out of the shower..i don twant to go to work smelling like a salad to be honest..

id also reccomend staying awayt from teh apple cider vinager from teh supermarkets..
beleive that is distilled..its DEAD..undoes the point..braggs is good..ive also grown fond of
the trader joes brand if you guys got trader joes around you..

stay away from the GNC brand unless if you have to..BITTER...

and as mentioned b4 you ahve to take it every day..
i started with 2 capfuls in a cup of water with honey - now i just pour about the equivalent to about 15 capfulls in ..

even my 4 year old son likes to occasionaly take it straight..he just likes the bitter shiver it gives him ..makes him laugh..

HOWEVER..drinking any large quantity of liquid after eating is really bad for you..it dilutes the stomach acids that break down the food..id reccomend drinking it at other times of the day..it doesent have to be with meals..after a while it will just cure your digestive probs..i usually drink it when i wake up and go to bed..
maybe mid day if i need an energy boost...

i also recomend aloe juice..i get my by the gallon from trader joes..
drink a cup with with a lil cranbury juice..
great for your digestive tract as well..

sorry for the grammer..i type too fast and im at work ...SHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

also -
if you can stomach it straight
take it after your meals..its not alot of liquid then and it will help any digestive issues you have..
again dont expect over night miracles..give it about a month ..i say this from the experiance of me..my dad and my girl...

Reminded of it

I am glad you all reminded me of this. It does give me energy and I am actually losing weight along with exercise. I do take honey and Bragg vinegar so I must be doing it right. Luck to all of you. Keep in touch. Let me know how you are all doing.

That's what I'm talking about, Buckytom! I am not sure I would want to drink the stuff I clean my toilet with! But I love red wine vinegar and balsalmic!

mindgame said:
im 26 and have been taking this stuff for abotu 2 years..
HOWEVER..drinking any large quantity of liquid after eating is really bad for you..it dilutes the stomach acids that break down the food..id reccomend drinking it at other times of the day..it doesent have to be with meals..after a while it will just cure your digestive probs..i usually drink it when i wake up and go to bed..
maybe mid day if i need an energy boost...

i also recomend aloe juice..i get my by the gallon from trader joes..
drink a cup with with a lil cranbury juice..
great for your digestive tract as well..

sorry for the grammer..i type too fast and im at work ...SHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

I had heard that about not drinking after you eat...if someone suffers with stomach problems, it would be worth trying a week or two of not drinking right after you eat.
I wonder if a good ole glass of red wine before you eat could work as well as the vinegar! wouldn't that be tastier!!!:LOL:

i know red wine is supposed to be good for your digestive system too but its still bad for your liver..
- -
just have a tablespoon or 2 of the apple cider -
but it has to be the real stuff..found in trader joes, health food stores..even GNC. not the crap you have in pathmark or other generic food stores..
thats watered down and that is like red or white vinager..how they refer to as DEAD..

I am resurrecting this thread. Callie, are you still drinking the vinegar? If so, is it still helping? If not, is it because of anything you didn't like?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom