Vitamix Tahini - OMG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhateverYouWant

Sous Chef
So I started soaking my chickpeas last night, expecting to do falafel tonight. But a trip to the SafeWay this afternoon showed no signs of the Joyva tahini I used to buy there. The only thing related I could find was some sesame seeds. While I have never done nut butters in my Vitamix, I decided this was the time to give it a try.

Put a bunch in the container and blended on high... had to add about a tablespoon of olive oil to get it to a paste. Then added my standard additions to get it to a dressing (garlic cloves, salt, pepper, lemon juice, water). It was spectacular!

Will never buy prepared tahini again, and am looking forward to making peanut butter.

Today I made another Mexican sauce in my VM, and it reminded me of a great advantag this thing has - it grinds up the skins and seeds so fine, nothing strains out! I poured the stuff though a medium mesh strainer - something that would remove a lot of skins and seeds, when blended with my old blender, but absolutely nothing here, even with those cascabels, which have thick skins.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom