Walmart's Competition To Amazon's Prime Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found the interesting part at the end where he is talking about just when these sales usually occur - summer and late summer.

So, I take it, this sale is not to replace their Thanksgiving (American) Black Friday hysteria. This extra sale is probably to compensate for lower sales through out the summer months due to Covid?

(BTW - our Canadian thanksgiving is tomorrow, not November)

I don't know how Amazon could be experiencing lower sales. If an Amazon box does not show up here roughly two to three times a week, I think our delivery guy would call 911 to check on us! LOL

Update: I need to read more carefully. I see this is about Walmart! Ooops.

Last edited:
I found the interesting part at the end where he is talking about just when these sales usually occur - summer and late summer.

So, I take it, this sale is not to replace their Thanksgiving (American) Black Friday hysteria. This extra sale is probably to compensate for lower sales through out the summer months due to Covid?

Happy Thanksgiving!! :chef:

No dragn, this is in addition to Black Friday, none of these I have ever participated in, but I might do the Walmart thing!

I see what you mean now MsM!

The Lux also does not have the slot for the lid :ermm:
I'm still mulling it over though ...
I have one of the original (or maybe 2.0) version of the Duo60 (6 qt.) and an Uttra60 (6 qt.). The 6 qt. is plenty big enough for 4 people and I have leftovers. Most Instant Pot recipes are meant for 6 qt. pots. Don't get the 8 qt. unless you want a lot of leftovers. Also, the 8 qt. takes longer to come to pressure before cooking starts.
There is a 3 qt. but I like some leftovers. Would be good for small amounts of rice, yogurt, hot cereal and a few hard-boiled eggs.

OKAY!
I took the leap!
I ordered this

instant pot.jpeg

The Pioneer Woman Instant Pot LUX60 Breezy Blossoms 6-Quart 6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, and Warmer

I was looking around for a new Rice Cooker anyways,
so at least this way I get a multi-cooker for not much or
less in some cases.

MsM, I know you did not recommend the Lux IP, but honestly,
this will do what I need it to do, I think :ermm:
We'll see.
It should be here on Tuesday.
I think for the test run I will cook Rice.

I bought a nice rice cooker. Used it twice and the plastic hinge melted and the lid falls off.

Wanted rice with a dish and decides to try the instant pot.

I couldn't get mine to seal. Though that is an issue I've had before. It didn't seal, but still eventually started the timer. In the end, the rice was perfect.

Now, if I can replicate the mistake, I'll be good to go.

Not sure what I am trying to say, but I suppose the instant pot isn't always instant. Or something like that

Anybody else have issues with sealing?

It may seal, but then the button doesn't pop up and keep pressure.

I bought a nice rice cooker. Used it twice and the plastic hinge melted and the lid falls off.

I couldn't get mine to seal. Though that is an issue I've had before. It didn't seal, but still eventually started the timer. In the end, the rice was perfect.

Not sure what I am trying to say, but I suppose the instant pot isn't always instant. Or something like that

Many a review I've read online in regards to the seal issues.
As I woke up this morning, I thought, maybe I should take it back
once it gets here?
Mostly `cuz I really wanted the Sous Vide cooker,
and I can't justify both :ermm:

I have not had that problem. You might want to check the manual, though - not all of the settings are pressure cooking. Some are just regular cooking for a specific period of time.

I have not had that problem. You might want to check the manual, though - not all of the settings are pressure cooking. Some are just regular cooking for a specific period of time.
I've never had any major problems. Sometimes it takes longer to come to pressure depending on how full the pot is, if ingredients are frozen OR if you are using an 8 qt. pot which takes longer to come to pressure than the 6 qt.

I would love to get some of your recipes,
in fact, I think an entire category should be
just Instant Pot... I mean we've got
the Sous Vide ...
I've asked several times for a sub forum for Instant Pot/ Pressure Cooking but have gotten no response. :(

I have posted some IP recipes.

I've joined several Facebook Instant Pot Communities and have found them very instructive.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom