Wed, 5/3/2017, did anybody else eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We had a "highly-interpretative" version per the recipe description of mu-shu pork using hot Italian sausage. Craig and I flipped on this one, he didn't like it at all and I thought it was pretty decent. Oh well, another we won't make again dish.

K8g_iHTE7J5txRyqQ38Go9WilgkJSQ80meZZMEB__OApX92IB

I've been wanting to make empanadas for a while. My first thought was to use the Cuban Picadillo recipe for the filling. Sadly, our granddaughter doesn't like beef, pork, raisins or olives, so on to Plan B.

I searched the interweb for chicken empanada recipes. Apparently every country has its own version. So I read over a dozen or so recipes and collected a list of ingredients that sounded good.

I poached a couple of chicken breasts and went to town with all my other ingredients. I used Goya empanada disks.

So tonight we had chicken empanadas with black bean soup. We all liked the empanadas. That's a good thing because I only had enough dough for half the filling.

Attachments

• IMG_1498.jpg
    IMG_1498.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 132
I've got stuffed shells in the oven, but I think I'm going to freeze those when they cool. Instead, for dinner later tonight I'll make hamburger patties with Gorgonzola cheese inside. I have to use the hamburger up. And this finishes the Gorgonzola cheese as well.

Last edited:
Later than usual supper. I made a ham and scalloped potato casserole with extra-firm yellow potatoes, apparently. Just now ready to eat. Time to go stuff our faces! ~ Oh, some steamed broccoli on the side...

I made couscous with roasted bell peppers and onions, herbs and red wine vinaigrette, and green beans simmered with tomatoes, onions, garlic and oregano, all topped with feta cheese. I served them with pork chops sprinkled with Penzeys Greek Seasoning and then pan-fried, and tzatziki. I also baked rolls with no-knead dough. Good stuff :yum:
0503171940c_HDR.jpg

Andy, your empanadas look and sound delicious! And I think your granddaughter has great taste in food (or in the things she doesn't like, anyway!)

GG, your couscous looks devine!

S&P, your linguine looks good even though I can't eat mussels.

We did our part for McHappy Day. We were coming back from signing Mortgage documents and had people coming to look at the hole in the wall (they are finally fixing it before we move out). So, we did the drive-thru and got 2 Big Macs, one Oreo Cookie Frappe and a large fry so we at least donated $3.00 to a great cause.

I haven't had a Big Mac in years and it will probably be at least another year before I do it again! ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom