Wednesday 11th April- what's for supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
The weather's delicious and DH phoned to say he's hungry and wants meat : so, I'm going to make us each a burger instead of the stuffed pancakes I was planning. No fries, its a weekday after all!, but we've got some lovely tomatoes which will be nice sliced with some lettuce, I'm sure I've got pickles and there is some gorgonzola too. Not sucha healthy supper. :rolleyes:

pork loin chops with liquid smoke and chili sauce marinade, and a Spicey (not hot spicey) Vegetable Rice.

Rocket salad topped with a drizzle of evoo and vinegar and homemade tuna salad. I think I am going to serve some potato pancakes with it.

Lulu, that sounds pretty healthy--and good, too! Enjoy!

Here, DH is going to be late, so I asked him if he'd pick up a pizza on the way home. I'm in the mood to keep things as simple as possible today.

LOL PA, you obviously can't imagine the amount of blue cheese we'll consume tonight ....

Can I join in?
I made fresh bread this morning so now I'm being lazy and we are having pasta with one of my frozen italian sausage pasta sauce. It's so handy to have those waiting for you in the freezer don't you think?
I made Chocolate chip cookies yesterday; takes care of dessert.
See I was away for a month and was so anxious to get back to my kitchen and have fun.I thought I would join you guys and see what was happening here.
:chef:

Rain or no rain I'm in the mood to grill too Lulu and burgers sound really good. So I'm fixing:

Cuban Style Grilled Burgers on Deli Rolls
Sweet Potato Fries or Chips.....haven't yet decided just whatever suits my fancy when I go to cut the taters.
Sweet & Sour Coleslaw

I have more Martin Yan cookbook leftovers for lunch, so I will be having a salad for supper. Santa Barbara mix with shredded Mexican style cheese, croutons, and either thousand Island or Honey Dijon mustard dressing, and a glass of 2003 BV Coastal Estates cabernet sauvignon, which is the best California cabernet I have ever tasted.

After the big Easter feast, it's time for some cleansing. So Psarasoupa (Fish Soup) and Riganokeftedes it will be.

Must be burger night ! It is sleeting here, but don't care -- Iam so hungry for a grilled burger with bacon, cheese and lettuce, fries and cole slaw too . Still have a few pieces of pie left -I think ! (strawberry and chocolate)

boufa06 said:
After the big Easter feast, it's time for some cleansing. So Psarasoupa (Fish Soup) and Riganokeftedes it will be.

What are riganokeftedes, boufa?

Supper for me: grilled chicken breast with some kind of garnish.

Snoop Puss said:
What are riganokeftedes, boufa?

Supper for me: grilled chicken breast with some kind of garnish.
SP, Riganokeftedes are basically croquettes made with freshly sprouted oregano, cod roe paste (tarama) and day-old bread/potatoes.

I feel like http://www.recipezaar.com/110910 this for dinner but it won't happen as I'm not home.
All these meals sound so good to me, you are all pulling out the stops.
It's raining here in Oakland California so walking to dinner probably won't happen. I'm seeking comfort foods today but what I end up eating may be a salad and soup at a restaurant that offers such a faire.

It has been snowing all day, so I think it is a good day to put a meat loaf in the oven. Along with that some mashed potatoes and baked beans. Still have leftover cherry pie from Easter.

Chicken curry and rice for my husband, and for me, a halibut steak with salad on the side. Halibut is expensive but I only bought a half pound steak so it was worth it for $4.50 !

I'm making a roast beef and mashed potatoes. I need some comfort food tonight!
But all those grilled burgers are making me want one so maybe tomorrow night????? It's rainy here today anyway. I don't grill in the rain.

Back
Top Bottom