Wednesday, 25th day of the year 2023 - supper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@dragnlaw my kind of dinner!

tonight we have meal sized salads: iceberg lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced apples, diced yellow pepper, chopped broccoli, black beans, wheatberries, ww croutons. Tomato dressing or mustard dressing.

Lunch: mushroom spinach sage and sauce over browned cubes of polenta, w/fresh diced tomatoes.

Tried something new with a steak for supper tonight. I saw a bit by someone on Facebook but I didn't save it. However, I did try to remember it as best as I could.
Whoa! Turned out great.

Took 2 small to medium onions and cut them into eighths, same for 4 large cloves of garlic. Set them aside.

Had about an 1-inch T-bone steak, nicely trimmed. Sprinkled an even amount of Montreal Steak Seasoning on both sides, then slathered, literally, slathered a half stick of softened butter on each side over the seasoning.

Added the steak to a hot skillet and added the onions and garlic around it. Cooked the steak on the first side until it was nice and seared. Turned it over and cooked it for about 6 minutes.

Perfect and the onions and garlic caramelized beautifully. The baked potato along side was an anticlimax compared to the steak, tender juicy and delicious. Hope I can remember how to do this again.

Pecan pie muffins were our dessert.

Back
Top Bottom