Wednesday, 6-21, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Med, any chance you could post the recipe? Mostly ratios for the sauce.

Capellini with Fresh Ricotta, Roasted Garlic, Corn, and Herbs recipe | Epicurious.com

I did not rinse the pasta or let it cool more than a couple of minutes because I had forgotten to take the ricotta out of the fridge and it was still cold. Also, I added more oil because I thought it was a bit dry when I got it all mixed. Probably could have added just some pasta water if I'd thought to save any.

Had my neighbours over for supper last night. I prepared that salmon done directly on top of the wood chips, for which I used cherry.

Had baby yellow potatoes, steamed & buttered, grilled mini tomatoes on the vine, grilled asparagus.
Dessert was two tiny scoops of Limoncello Gelato with a sprinkle of blueberries, a drizzle of chocolate caramel sauce - and at the last moment he wanted a sprinkle of Brandy across it, so I followed suit. She held back on the Brandy,lol.
I put him in charge of the grill - because I often screw things up at that point and "arr arr arr" was more than happy to.
It was delish! While the salmon rested I put the tomatoes and asparagus in baskets for him to flip around on the grill. Perfection!

These are the only pictures I have... as per usual.

The fish basket you see was actually used to grill the tomatoes, not the fish.

img_1515601_0_a6753dc712f54c7c0f4e17e8bcb15176.jpg

I know a lot of people eat the skin but I don't, I cut it up and give to the cats and dog.

img_1515601_1_824d7fc391a0cc04d9feb99f8863a8a7.jpg

Whoa! sorry about the size - that's larger than life and not very appetizing to look at! Not too sure how to fix it but I'll experiment.

Why did the first picture get resized and the second one didn't?

Our 33rd anniversary is tomorrow, but we celebrated last night because we wanted to go to a local seafood place that has sushi night and live music once a month. Plus, if it isn't raining, DH wants to play his regular Friday night golf game [emoji38]

It was a beautiful evening and we sat outside on the deck. Fun and yummy :yum:
0621172014_HDR.jpg
0621172023_HDR.jpg
0621172027a_HDR.jpg
0621172042a_HDR.jpg

Capellini with Fresh Ricotta, Roasted Garlic, Corn, and Herbs recipe | Epicurious.com

I did not rinse the pasta or let it cool more than a couple of minutes because I had forgotten to take the ricotta out of the fridge and it was still cold. Also, I added more oil because I thought it was a bit dry when I got it all mixed. Probably could have added just some pasta water if I'd thought to save any.
Thanks for the link and hints, medtran. It looks yummy. I know I'll have to use a wider noodle, though, since the thinner kind like capellini or angel hair make Himself...crabby.

I use a 50/50 combination of dark and light soy sauce. I buy it at the Asian market. I think it's Pearl River Bridge brand.

I use a 50/50 combination of dark and light soy sauce. I buy it at the Asian market. I think it's Pearl River Bridge brand.

OK, I never thought of my Kikkoman "all purpose" as being a light soy sauce, but since I'd like my noodles a little darker I'll get some dark from an Asian Market. As always, I love the stuff you can learn here! :chef:

Our 33rd anniversary is tomorrow, but we celebrated last night because we wanted to go to a local seafood place that has sushi night and live music once a month. Plus, if it isn't raining, DH wants to play his regular Friday night golf game [emoji38]

It was a beautiful evening and we sat outside on the deck. Fun and yummy :yum:
View attachment 27112
View attachment 27113
View attachment 27114
View attachment 27115

Happy Anniversary. Hope it doesn't rain tonight, either. Hope the heat doesn't get to you today and/or tomorrow.

Thanks, cjmmytunes! It's 89 right now, with a heat index of 98! It doesn't bother my husband, but it sucks all the energy out of me. I'm staying in today [emoji38] And it's sunny now but we know how quickly that can change on and summer afternoon ;)

Thanks, all [emoji813] DH just left for his golf game :ROFLMAO: That's the kind of wife I am. He works hard all week, in a fairly stressful job, and looks forward to Friday night golf with the guys. It makes me happy to make him happy (and vice versa - y'all know he does a lot for me). And I'm planning a yummy grilled surf and turf dinner for us at home tomorrow. It's all good [emoji813]

It sounds like you guys have a perfectly happy marriage, GG. :heart: Please tell us you guys have little arguments now and then. Otherwise I'm going to start worrying about ours...:ermm: :LOL:

Hope DH comes home at least 3 under par. ;)

It sounds like you guys have a perfectly happy marriage, GG. [emoji813] Please tell us you guys have little arguments now and then. Otherwise I'm going to start worrying about ours...:ermm: [emoji38]

Hope DH comes home at least 3 under par. ;)
Oh sure [emoji38] I think anyone who lives with other people has occasional conflicts. There were some fireworks in the early years, but we've worked things out :mellow:

Last edited:
Thanks, cjmmytunes! It's 89 right now, with a heat index of 98! It doesn't bother my husband, but it sucks all the energy out of me. I'm staying in today [emoji38] And it's sunny now but we know how quickly that can change on and summer afternoon ;)

Don't I know it - it sucks the life and the fun out of doing anything outside. It's 85 at the moment, with a feel-like temp of 89. Don't even want to think about what it will feel like later on in the day. And you're welcome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom