Wednesday 9/20/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
9-20-2017_menu_450.jpg

chicken_salad_peanut_dressing_092017_1_IMG_2944.jpg

chicken_salad_peanut_dressing_092017_2_IMG_2948.jpg

As of now all I know is it will probably be chicken. ?
I was going to suggest my Smothered Chicken, but by the time I show up on DC most of you have cooked, eaten, and cleaned up - including the west coast people! :ermm:

Was not in the mood to fix supper today, but I soldiered on. After all, I bailed on Monday's supper. Besides, once everything was prepped it all cooked in the oven. All except the salad, that is. ;) The pork tenderloin was oiled and patted with a generous amount of herbs de Provence and generous shakes of granulated granulated garlic, potato cubes (cut up by Himself! :ohmy: :heart: ) seasoned with McCormick Season-All, and broccolini with S/P and garlic. Everyone into the pool...I mean, oven at 425 for various lengths of time, and done. A glass of chardonnay for my third course. ;)

Attachments

• 20170920_224206.jpg
    20170920_224206.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 20170920_224229.jpg
    20170920_224229.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 20170920_224705.jpg
    20170920_224705.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 101
I went out for lunch with a friend today: chicken nachos with refried beans. I couldn't eat it all, so the remainder got heated up in the oven for supper tonight.

Do you brine your Cornish hens? How do you keep them moist?

CD

Nope, put a butter, olive oil, S/P, and poultry seasoning mix under skin and rubbed into top of skin. Seared top side in pan on induction burner, flipped, put in hot oven, 400, for 10 minutes, flipped again for about 10 more until 160, then heated broiler until really hot and crisped up top skin, then let stand for about 5-7 minutes. Cooks really fast when spatchcocked and doesn't have time to dry out. I've been doing regular roasters that way too. There's a whole explanation on serious eats about why spatchcocking is the way to go, even for a turkey. Even the wings were still moist.

cd, my pictures and DC don't like each other if I'm trying to post one in portrait format. It was upright in my gallery, it uploads upright to my Dropbox, it shows as upright EVERYWHERE I check Dropbox...and the the portrait immediately becomes a landscape when I post it here. Doesn't happen at FB, doesn't happen in another cooking forum...just here at DC. I give up. Eventually, dear Cheryl shows up and makes everything all right. :heart:

We had BLT's and salads for supper last night, probably tonight too - or broiled tomatoes with shredded cheese on top. We have a bunch of tomatoes to use up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom