Wednesday 9/6/2017 What's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Chili tonight.

chili_090617_P1100221.JPG

Now that you mention it, yes, it is kinda chilly tonight.

We're having the CS pork rib ragu and pasta tonight.

Cool enough to use the oven..

Enchiladas I put together a few days ago and froze.. Spanish rice and refried beans... It was delicious..

Baked brownies for two for later..

Ross

I still have too many leftovers to go and cook something new. So leftover ribs, sausage sliders and pasta salad tonight.

CD

I defrosted a pint of pasta sauce with Italian sausage and bell peppers and we had it with cavatelli pasta. I also thawed part of a homemade loaf of bread and we made garlic bread out of that.
0906172015.jpg

Oooh....MsMofet and GG, looks delicious. :yum:

Whisk, I had the exact same dinner! BLT on sourdough and a steamed ear of corn. :LOL::yum:

Those are some nice looking cool-weather meals, ladies! Chili is actually in my plans sometime in the next few days, actually. As soon as we stop eating out to meet up with friends...

Today was one of those days. Loverly had plans for this evening, so Himself and I met up with Goober to go to an art demonstration on encaustic painting. Afterwards, we headed over to the Hooley House sports bar we had eaten at last week, getting a chance to visit with one of Goober and Loverly's friends. We shared two apps at our table of four, "Irish Egg Rolls", and "Spuds". They both were corned beef-sauerkraut-Swiss cheese riffs on the original dishes. Afterwards, our suppers consisted of one corned beef sandwich (Goober), two fish dinners (Himself and Em), and a fish sandwich (me). We ALL took leftovers home because of, well, appetizers. :LOL: No photos today, but we're meeting our old gang from the old neighborhood tomorrow at a new cafe in the old hometown. Since it's lupper (4:00 PM), I might remember to take pictures then.

Can't wait to get back home and go on a diet...:LOL:

I took some leftover rib eye, cut it in strips and sauteed it with sweet onions and cherry tomatoes and put it on top of some small shells. Salad w/croutons as a side and an oatmeal cake for dessert.

I stopped by a Korean market for dinner last night. I picked up a sashimi salad (cubes of tai, maguro, kani, and sake topped with masago over a salad of shaved veggies: fennel, red cabbage, onion, and carrots, over a bed of butter lettuce), a huge California roll, and kimcheed garlic and leeks.
Also, a quart of Naeng myeon soup.

Holy moly, the garlic and leeks are strong. I reek of garlic.

I also picked up some Japchae, pieces of salmon and tuna to make sashimi, an Unaju bowl, and rice for the wife and son to have tonight.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom