Wednesday Dinner 6-7-2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And the strawberries in the garden are going absolutely beresk at the moment so decided to do an Eton Mess.

#thedietstartstomorrow

Jeannie is out for shopping and lunch with friends so I finished off last nights cashew chicken and rice for lunch..

If we get a bit hungry later, I'll serve up a couple of hot dogs...

Ross

Wonderful pics, Wyshie - looks delicious! The dinner date threw me off a little, then I remembered you're in the UK and the dates are written differently there. :)

This evening's dinner will be leftover pickins'. I have some shrimp and rice from last night's Chinese delivery, so I'll probably end up chopping the shrimp, adding the rice and a little soy sauce, scrambling an egg or two, chopped green onions, and making a quick stir fry.

I fixed the date as we do US. Nice pics! Interested as to how you caught that skate, Wyshie!

We're having Asian salad here. And grapes are on sale!

Last edited:
I fixed the date as we do US. Nice pics! Interested as to how you caught that skate, Wyshie!

We're having Asian salad here. And grapes are on sale!

Shucks, should have remembered, thanks.

Caught it a month or two ago on an all night fishing comp. As I mentioned technically this was a ray (small eyed ray) rather than a skate but the term is used interchangeably for culinary purposes. Small piece of mackerel lashed to the hook with bait elastic. Pulley rig tackle.

Last edited:
I've never seen a white ray before. Very interesting.

I'm doing oven ribs tonight. They've been wrapped in foil in a 250 degree oven for 2.5 hrs. They'll be finished with TJ's Korean BBQ sauce at 400 degrees for another 30 min.
We made KFC's copycat coleslaw for the side.

I took dinner from the freezer again tonight - chicken, bacon, lentil stew for DH and chicken-gnocchi soup for me. Toasted crostini with butter and Penzeys Fox Point seasoning on the side.
0607172030b_HDR.jpg

Penne pasta with homemade sauce and some mild Italian Sausage.

More meds added by my PCP who studied medicine at the University of Lagos, Nigeria. He told me to stop taking the drugs the hospital prescribed, and take his new scripts. They are mostly the same. My Gastroenterologist went to Harvard and did his residency at the Mayo clinic. Not sure who to trust. Nice to have a Hospital RN in my family.

Oh, but back to food, my kitchen is a disaster. The meds are messin' with me. Psycho-poodle is eating well tonight, with all the stuff that fell on the floor.

I had a vegetable & cheese omelet with fried baked potato and toast.

TB had chicken thighs with baked potato, cucumber, and tomatoes.

After baking all afternoon, the last thing I wanted to do was fix a real supper. Instead we had salads and oven toasted ham-and-cheese sandwiches on croissants. Basic stuff but it tasted so good.

Back
Top Bottom