Wednesday, March 15, 2023, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Stuffed shells, ricotta, mozzarella, ParmR, basil, egg, and mini garlic rolls. Sauce was rest of Barilla marinara that Craig had purchased to go with his stromboli last week since he didn't particularly like the shop's sauce. Had a small salad before.
20230315_190318.jpg

Another too pooped to pop supper. Thin buns, with mustard on Kielbasa. Probably make another one but maybe add some tomato, cheese.... I don't know, yet. 7:45 - gotta plan better and eat sooner.
If I eat too late I'll have nightmares/vivid dreams all night. :blush:

I was going to do Sous Vide pork chops and asparagus...and something...but got too rattled. It was day 1 of demo on our front porch. Arrrrrgggghhh...and then the contractor had to leave to fix a broken pipe at his home. Sigh. This was supposed to be the ONLY demo day. Now we get to have more on Monday.

So, our dinner will likely be something simple. Either brats on HD buns...or something from the freezer. Still listening to music to forget the pounding!

Since it was the Ides of March, we had a chicken Caesar salad with whole wheat baguette for supper. I tried a new-to-me recipe for the dressing. it substitutes mayo for the raw egg yolk. That worked well. I used anchovy paste instead of whole anchovy filets, so I easily whisked it all together. I really liked the basting sauce for the chicken: EVOO, lemon juice, smoked hot paprika, salt, and pepper. Unfortunately, some of my romaine lettuce was too wilty to use, so there wasn't as much lettuce as I would have wanted. It still worked out well.

Attachments

• Chicken Caesar salad with whole wheat baguette.jpg
    Chicken Caesar salad with whole wheat baguette.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Chicken Caesar salad.jpg
    Chicken Caesar salad.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom