Wednesday October 15, 2014 What's On Your Dinner Table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Singagpore noodles with steamed Mahi Mahi...
UR4XhP5.jpg

That looks like the perfect meal to me Rock.

We opted for take out last night, so those wings have been marinating since yesterday for the grill tonight. I'll be grilling some fresh asparagus and garlic toast too. Looks like I'll have to have a light to grill dinner it's getting dark so early.

Looks good, Rock! :yum:

I've been lightly snacking all afternoon, so I'll be throwing together a taco for dinner - just seasoned ground beef, lettuce and pico de gallo on flour tortillas. Andy's al pastor tacos sounds better.... :yum:

I made cabbage rolls. Instead of rice and ground meat, I used mashed potatoes, shaved steak, onion, garlic, sweet pepper, bacon, and the ribs of the cabbage as the filling. Mighty tasty. If I could figure out how to send photos from my phone to my email, I'd have a pic to post.

K-girl, how was the turkey breast? I needed a quick turkey thingy for Thanksgiving one time and got a boneless one with an apple stuffing from Trader Joe's that was yummy.

Rock, you can cook dinner for me anytime! Looks delish!

We had halves of acorn squash stuffed with a mixture of breakfast sausage crumbles, sauteed shallot and Granny Smith apple, and a brown-and-wild-rice mix, preceded by a tossed salad. Nothing left but dirty plates. Including the baking dish. I'll just keep soapy water in it all night and it will come out in the morning. I love my one, lonely piece of Polish pottery.

Attachments

• 2014-10-15 20.54.35.jpg
    2014-10-15 20.54.35.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 164
K-girl, how was the turkey breast? I needed a quick turkey thingy for Thanksgiving one time and got a boneless one with an apple stuffing from Trader Joe's that was yummy.

We had halves of acorn squash stuffed with a mixture of breakfast sausage crumbles, sauteed shallot and Granny Smith apple, and a brown-and-wild-rice mix, preceded by a tossed salad. Nothing left but dirty plates. Including the baking dish. I'll just keep soapy water in it all night and it will come out in the morning. I love my one, lonely piece of Polish pottery.

Your dinner sounds wonderful, and oh how I love my Polish pottery! It just makes me happy. That one is beautiful. I got two flat casserole pieces many years ago on QVC, and since then have added two beautiful additions from ebay. My oldest son who cooks is waiting for me to die to get them. :ohmy:;)

Thanks Kayelle, Himself said he liked it enough that I can put it in rotation for the fall/winter. That's a good recommendation to me. I found my casserole at a New England chain store, The Christmas Tree Shop. I didn't need another dish, but being Polish I had to have one. $15. Little did I know at the time what a deal I got!

K-girl, how was the turkey breast? I needed a quick turkey thingy for Thanksgiving one time and got a boneless one with an apple stuffing from Trader Joe's that was yummy. ... snipped

CG, I don't know if I would buy that again, sorry Jennie.
It's skinless, cooked in a bag, which I don't use whenever
I make my own turkey breast.
It looked a bit anemic for my taste anyways.
I followed the cooking instructions, cooked to an
internal temperature of 170º
and to me it seemed overdone; dry and crumbly, not moist and succulent
as when I buy natural bone-in, skin-on turkey breasts at Sprouts (love), brine them and roast them off to 160º.
That process is no more difficult then the Oven Ready™
It weighed just shy of 3 pounds, so there's plenty leftover for Pot Pie.
DH is very excited about that :wub: That's one of his favorite Fall/Winter dinners.

Now THAT will be something in my rotation...sounds and looks wonderful, CG! :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom