Wednesday supper, 2022-09-14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I made Chef John's Italian White Bean and Sausage Stew. I made it a bit more soup-like. I finally tried it with cannellini beans. I also used spinach as the leafy green for the first time. That was excellent. We may have had a deficit. I served it with wholewheat miche (rustic, round loaf of bread). DH likes his with butter. I just dip my slice in the soup.

White bean and Italian sausage soup with wholewheat miche and  a chunk of Pecorino Romano.jpg
White bean and Italian sausage soup with wholewheat miche and  Pecorino Romano.jpg

Pot roast, mushrooms, steamed broccoli, and cauliflower, mashed potatoes, and au jus.

pot_roast_091422_IMG_0049.jpg

Made Air Fryer Shrimp and Hush Puppies. First time for the hush puppies. I often make egg rolls to go with the shrimp.

Ran errands today (the agony and the ecstasy of shopping for a "Mother of the Bride" appropriate outfit...) and was too pooped to cook. Picked up Thai from our favorite place one town over. Siri (yup, that's his name) told me that they will be closing their restaurant sometime in the future. He's such a nice guy. Guess I really is time to move back home if we can't have Thai food from them.

Veggie Rice, Chili beans, broccoli. Oat-fruit cookies and crustless pumpkin pie w/raspberry/cherry puree.

I had some beef that needed finishing (some freezer burn = happy Jack Russell's).
Cooked in pressure cooker with onions and my lemongrass, garlic, galangal & chili sambal. And coconut milk.
Turned out very tasty, but I still don't think the pressure cooker is that much faster as there was a lot of liquid that I needed to boil off.
Think I go 1/3 of the time next time, and then back to conventional

Back
Top Bottom