Wednesday's Dinner - 10/5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Craig made Sunday Gravy, beef chunks, meatballs, and Italian sausage. Picked up some pizza dough at the grocery since we were out and he wanted some dessert. Made the garlic rolls with it.20221005_183207.jpg

I was planning on making Dragnlaw's easy onion soup. But, while the onions were sautéeing, I noticed the time. It's a Wednesday. DH plays a role playing game, via Zoom, on Wednesdays. It starts at 19:00. I didn't know if I would be able to have it ready in time. So, I decided to make an Easy Romesco Sauce (using roasted red peppers from a jar) to use with some frozen spinach and ricotta cannelloni. So, that's what we had for supper. The cannelloni was really quite tasty with the Romesco sauce, much better that way than with an Alfredo sauce. With the Alfredo sauce there was just too much white, cheesy, overly rich bland. We had some wholewheat baguette to go with that. I would have liked to serve a salad with it, but I just didn't have the time or spoons. No pix, I was exhausted. But, I do have caramelized onions to make that onion soup (and a salad) tomorrow or the next day.

I was planning on making Dragnlaw's easy onion soup. But, while the onions were sautéeing, I noticed the time. It's a Wednesday. DH plays a role playing game, via Zoom, on Wednesdays. It starts at 19:00. I didn't know if I would be able to have it ready in time. So, I decided to make an Easy Romesco Sauce (using roasted red peppers from a jar) to use with some frozen spinach and ricotta cannelloni. So, that's what we had for supper. The cannelloni was really quite tasty with the Romesco sauce, much better that way than with an Alfredo sauce. With the Alfredo sauce there was just too much white, cheesy, overly rich bland. We had some wholewheat baguette to go with that. I would have liked to serve a salad with it, but I just didn't have the time or spoons. No pix, I was exhausted. But, I do have caramelized onions to make that onion soup (and a salad) tomorrow or the next day.
Sweet/oily flavors are too much sometimes! Sometimes you just need a tomato.

Breakfast for dinner night. Scrambled eggs with low sodium ham, mushrooms and a little bit of cheddar.

CD

Made Chef John's Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breast. Also did a butterflied Pork Chop which I stuffed on both sides of the 'butterfly' - it was that big. Delish! Those mushrooms, spinach and mozza! yummmm Roasted Brussel Sprouts with bacon on the side.20221005_130912.jpg I had enough stuffing leftover I piled it on the centre crease of the butterflied chop, topped with mozza. Worked great!
20221005 Chef J mushroom stuffed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom