Wednesday's fare 12/11/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
We managed to consume all the leftovers yesterday, so will make some more! Chicken chili tonight.

What's on your plate?

Last edited:
Broccoli, B sprouts and jasmine rice.
These are a few of my favorite things.
I'm going to carb up and veg out.

We're going to try out a new pizza shop that opened up right up the street. Here's hoping it's really good. They deliver.

I've been driving to another pizza shop for our pizzas as they have been the best around. If the new place is as good, delivery will make the difference.

Oh, man, sweet.
I remember delivered pizza.
Here's hoping. Nothing like a nearby, good pizza shop.

Either spaghetti or penne with meatballs from the freezer. I made fairly generic meatballs, with herbs to be added in the sauce. I think I like them better if they are in fact made as Italian, or Svedish, and put in sep. freezer bags. Broccoli chose me, since its sitting next to the meatballs.

I cooked up 2 lbs of shrimp in garlic butter with lemon, crab cakes and cheesy rice. It was my first time cooking shrimp like that. Normally, I get them frozen already cooked and just warm them up. These were raw. They tasted good though.

I did an oven beer butt chicken that turned out great, a cheesy casserole of cauliflower topped with buttered Panko crumbs and broiled. Check out this avocado with the GIANT pit I opened for the green salad. :ohmy::mad:

img_1326072_0_a88c51f1425234e3b136b58ed7df2f58.jpg

I did an oven beer butt chicken that turned out great, a cheesy casserole of cauliflower topped with buttered Panko crumbs and broiled. Check out this avocado with the GIANT pit I opened for the green salad. :ohmy::mad:

Wow. Not much avocado left. :huh:

Last edited:
We're going to try out a new pizza shop that opened up right up the street. Here's hoping it's really good. They deliver.

I've been driving to another pizza shop for our pizzas as they have been the best around. If the new place is as good, delivery will make the difference.

I guess I'll be driving to pick up my pizzas for a while yet.

I was planning to make turkey stuffed steamed peppers but another day of no energy and I had to go to the store for some ingredients and with the small skiff of snow (which has melted and hardened and is now ice) I wasn't able to venture out.

So, my beloved TB came and picked me up after a full day of driving other people in need around and took me shopping. There was no time (or energy) to make the dish so we bought a rotisserie chicken and salads.

After years of catering, entertaining, working in restaurants and just being a home foodie, I now have to come to terms with the fact I can't always do what I want to and need to cut corners.

The realization came when I had to give up my church "job" of coordinating meals for those in need and actually having to ask my replacement for a freezer meal once in awhile "just in case". Very humbling.

You got "robbed" Kayelle! :(

We had pork chops with onion gravy, mashed potatoes, the last of the broccoli, and Brussels sprouts and some asparagus.

As I was pulling items out for salads I realize I had so many leftovers I probably shouldn't cook. Too bad. Not! All gone are the brats and sauerkraut, mac & cheese, pretzel bun chicken sandwich, and various veggies. New leftovers start getting made tomorrow.

Himself forgot to put some Guggisberg Swiss cheese on his sandwich, so he figured he'd soften it in the microwave. In plastic wrap. I should have taped a video of him practically pouring it from the plastic to his sandwich! :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom