Weekend Cookin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reminds me of a cartoon I once drew ,captioned, and posted on a bulletin board at West GA College back in 1976.
The caption read" Scientists have determined that Sacchain would have caused cancer in Labortory Rats had they not drowned in it first".:chef:

If this is true, there are lot of people in this world who will die with a smile on their face. If you look at the study, they fed burnt food to rats at a rate, you have to eat about ton of food in one sitting, to suffer the same way.
Like a research project that "proved" that artificial sweeteners caused cancer - In order to get the desired effect they fed the stuff to rats in amounts equivalent to a human drinking 800 cans of diet cola A DAY!!!!!

"A little of what you fancy does you good" as the old music hall star used to sing.

It's a LOT of what you fancy that does the damage.

If we decided to act on all the food/health research that's thrown at us we'd either die of starvation or we'd go mad trying to decide whether to eat XXX because it's good for us or eschew it because it can kill us.

I don't think that the 1 or 2 glasses of red wine that I drink over a week are going to turn me into a raging alcoholic or give me cirrhosis of the liver but it might protect my heart (not why I drink it, of course :)) but if my genetic make-up predisposes me to heart disease I could drop dead tomorrow. You pays your money and you takes your chance.

Last edited:
Reminds me of a cartoon I once drew ,captioned, and posted on a bulletin board at West GA College back in 1976.
The caption read" Scientists have determined that Sacchain would have caused cancer in Labortory Rats had they not drowned in it first".:chef:

I seem to remember misplacing a smoke bomb in the upper class men dorm AC unit that very same year.:angel:

Back
Top Bottom