Well golly, THANKS Google!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Midnight_Merlot

Senior Cook
I was looking up different deviled egg recipes (I'm a recipe thief):LOL:, &, stumbled on this site. I tried registering hours(literally) ago, when I got stumped on trying to figure out a decent user name. After nearly frying my brain cells from thinking so hard, I finally realized that it was midnight, &, I was having a nice glass of Merlot for the New year, & *Ta-Dah*!! So, shall I hence forth be known as! LOL
Actually though, I'm not too sure if real names are used here(I tend to always think of people by their user names & avvies anyhow), but, I am a mom, wife, daughter, sister & an aunt. I also have 2 grown step-sons. Plus, 2 dogs, & a really fat, old, super sweet ferret. I LOVE my fur kids!(oh, & the skin-clad ones too):wacko: <---sometimes, they all make me a little like that - LOL
Rather than write y'all a book about me,(granted, I suppose I COULD iff'en I HAD to, but, nah, I shall spare everyone!) I will busy myself w/reading everyones threads!

PS, couple of "quickies"...is there a "go advanced" option here? I misspell ALOT, have no spell check, &, sometimes need to edit. (just a FYI...my "i" key likes to embarass me frequently by stiiicking - GAH), &, also, I noticed that some threads here are kinda older...is it preferred here to just "tack on" to the old threads a post, or, begin a newer discussion? (on another forum I post on, the threads never get locked, but, sometimes, an old thread gets "revived", &, its kinda like a corpse being raised. Just would like to know how things are done here.

(BTW, you guys have an AWESOME smiley collection here too I just noticed)! Whoot!:punk:

Last edited:
Beware, the "Edit" option only lasts for
20 minutes so you have to think on your feet ;).

I love how you came up with your
name...welcome and Happy New Year!

Hi Molly! Looks like we are close neighbors...I am in VA, so, "howdy" :)

As for the 20 min. "rule"...oh joy!! I am TOAST! Can I just change my user name to "Kin't spul rite 4 'nuttin" then? LOL

Happy New Year to you too!!, &, thanks for the quick welcome! :)

Hello Fiona :)..I have been trying to get my bearings straight as to who the "forum family" people are, &, I am thinkiing that member "Shrek" goes along w/you!! You 2 have MY vote as the cutest online couple names ever! We have ALL of the Shrek movies, plus, one yr. managed to get an oversized Shrek & Donkey at the toy store if we purchased $50 or more. (one choice for each $50....) They now live in the trunk of my car. I suppose that if I ever get pulled over, I will have to find a fantasticly great story as to why I have oversized movie characters in my trunk. As it stands now, they kinda resemble kidnap victims since they are both so big, & take up most of my trunk. LOL
But, Thank you too for the welcome!! I am still trying to get the forum sorted out, &, there is MUCH to distract my attention! I really am enjoying your site!!
Also, Happy ALMOST New Year to you & yours...plus, don't forget to eat your black-eyed peas on the 1st either!! *shakes finger*

Last edited:
Yep, Shrek belongs to me...he doesn't come on here for some strange reason. I keep telling him he's missing a good time. Just beware, I am an Ogress...just ask around!:LOL:

Just ONE burning question that I have for you though...it may be kinda personal, but, inquiring minds MAY also want to know...which of you blows up the snake/vs. frog balloons? LOL :)

I am giggling SO hard right now, &, BTW...awesome answer!! I choose YOUR side of the camp then!! LOL (I was just being silly you know, but, that was quite fun banter) :)...maybe one more...princess by day, or oger by night? (I would say that depends entirely on whatever kinda silly crap my kids do, & at what time of the day for me...LOL)

I am giggling SO hard right now, &, BTW...awesome answer!! I choose YOUR side of the camp then!! LOL (I was just being silly you know, but, that was quite fun banter) :)...maybe one more...princess by day, or oger by night? (I would say that depends entirely on whatever kinda silly crap my kids do, & at what time of the day for me...LOL)

I am a Princess while I'm sleeping...wake me up and the horribleness starts!:angel:

BTW, I'm a Grandma, Mother to two cats and three step-kids. I am an RN working with the elderly. And I love food!:pig:

Our paths have slightly intertwined at least. LPN for me(I too, have worked in geriatrics & in the general ward), then, went to shcool reg. mass. therapists(also, during that time, I went to school for paralegal), kids MOSTLY grown, grandkids?-NOT YET...love of food?!?! Mai long-lost foodie sis'tah? FOUND!! I can't "bake" anything if my life depended on it though...:(

Our paths have slightly intertwined at least. LPN for me(I too, have worked in geriatrics & in the general ward), then, went to shcool reg. mass. therapists(also, during that time, I went to school for paralegal), kids MOSTLY grown, grandkids?-NOT YET...love of food?!?! Mai long-lost foodie sis'tah? FOUND!! I can't "bake" anything if my life depended on it though...:(

LOL! I've been a nurse for 11 years, only in Geriatrics. I just recently left the floor for a desk job for a while. Working on Medicare paperwork. Before nursing, I was a cook and cashier. My oldest stepson will be 43 in a couple of months.

We'll work on your baking skills...:)

Google never gets my searches right, so we are very fortunate to have you stumble into DC, MM! Love the handle, I already think of you, not as a bad speller, but simply as a one-handed typist because the other is holding a glass of wine. :)

I trust your deviled eggs were a hit?

I am a Princess while I'm sleeping...wake me up and the horribleness starts!:angel:
I think I'll PM Shrek: Maybe ifn't he kiss her awake...

Google never gets my searches right, so we are very fortunate to have you stumble into DC, MM! Love the handle, I already think of you, not as a bad speller, but simply as a one-handed typist because the other is holding a glass of wine. :)

I trust your deviled eggs were a hit?

I think I'll PM Shrek: Maybe ifn't he kiss her awake...

We've tried that...the transformation happens as I'm waking up...from Princess to Witch in a nanosecond...:angel: Only thing that mellows me sonewhat is a couple cups of coffee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom