Well, Hi?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aushergirl

Assistant Cook
Hello,

Nice to meet you all.

I am getting back in touch with what little skills I had. I would love to add more skill.

I love semi complicated, trying new recipes, tweaking, experimenting, and enjoying food.

My husband and I have very different taste buds. He's more fried, easy, and simple. He does not like to deviate. He has come to fear my experiments.

They are called experiments for a reason. To me cooking has never been a straight forward subject. I look forward to the next enhancement or next cough moment where you want to hurl.

In all honesty, I do not experiment as much as I should.

My husband gets mad at me for almost never measuring a familiar recipe, making fish taste like fish, making tomato products a little too sweet. I also never make chili the same way? My family has like three or four recipes. I just go with what I feel like.

My sister loves my cooking. I also decided to start being healthier. I will no longer blame him, or let his simple food mind set stop me.

I also have depression and mood swings which are currently untreated.

So, some weeks I do absolutely nothing but work.

I really wanted to conform to his style and make him happy, while including mine. In the end it just made me not want to cook.

Me recently will you eat this?

Him maybe?

Me : Making and perfecting the sauce... No your.maybe doesn't deserve this. Pulls out chili frozen from when I last made it. There you go.

Also there is a lot of absurd things about him

He does not like pulled meats in bbq, but will eat chicken or other meats with bbq.

Does not like baked potato, but loves potato in general?

Does not like sweet potatoes because they are yams, but eats sweet potato chips.

That is not even the tip...

Last edited:
It may

It may be to late, I don't regret it tho... I regret his taste buds.

I need a refund?

Is there anyway I could refund his taste?

Please.

His taste buds sucks, other then that he is a good person.

Hey Aushergirl! Welcome to DC. This is definitely a good place to help you get back into the cooking and learn a bunch along the way!

LOL... Welcome to DC! you must be related to Anthill, you have so much in common. :LOL:

Tell us, what was your latest 'slap together' meal? :yum: sounds like it could be interesting.

Celery and tomato sauce plus pork

Thanks,

So any way my husband requested celery and carrots to eat.

Guess what he didn't eat them. The carrots already went bad and the celery was getting ready to go.

I was like like wtf am I going to do with celery. I realized I had fresh tomatoes and oranges and plumes that I needed to use fast.

So I ended up making two different dishes.

I found a recipe on line that made a basic spaghetti sauce but with celery. After I picked that one I realized I also had spinache and kale. Well the spinache was bad, the kale was on its last legs.

I boiled fresh tomatoes half a stock of celery, kale, chopped onion and garlic. Forgot the Jalopeno

After the veggies finished. I used a magic bullet and grinded everything into a paste. Realized oh god I need more tomatoes and was lucky enough to have found the last remaining can. Grinded those up. Threw them in turned the burner on low. I then added sugar, parsley, basil, and rosemary until I found a suitable taste.

Which I then decided it tasted to good for a maybe from. My husband. So I added sausage, cauliflower rice, and mushrooms.

I forgot to take the strings off of the celery

On that day I also made pork with red potatoes, and celery in the oven with oranges, plumes rosemary, parsley, white wine, olive oil, a little water. The potatoes and pork turned out really good.

I also made an egg bake with cauliflower rice. But the maple sausage is killing the whole thing.

And I am thinking about doing a type of curry bbq sauce for some reason....

Jalapeno

It gave the the sauce a nice settle spice, you almost didn't realize it was in there. So, I kinda forgot I added it. Lol

Welcome and good luck ...
It's all about choice. At my house, almost everything is an experiement and my husband has a choice... take it, or leave it. If he were to choose "leave it", sorry suppers over, there's the peanut butter jar. The only thing I've promised is that I will not make something with chunks of raw onions in it. He has eaten several pounds of onion dust over the years. I can't remember him ever refusing something I've cooked even something charred. He has said I don't need to make that stuff again. Growing up, my dad did most of the cooking and that was his rule.

Same

I kinda learned they make it you eat it. I mean I get it there is stuff that people do not like. He's to over the top. I really didn't have the heart to tell him anything other then you don't have to eat it. Now I'm like eat it.?

Thanks

Thank you!
I scare him with my cooking prowlness. He is like I can't do that. Me: there is literally recipes that can teach you.

Him:But we have a lot of cook books.

Me: there is the internet to.

Him: then I have to go bit the items we dont have.

Me: then I cook.

My phone was behaving oddly. I was unable to edit the post.

Not to worry - if I (a dragn of little brain {sorry Winnie}) could figure it out, think the others could/can.

There is also a time limit on when you can go back and edit. :D sometimes I make it... more often not :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom