Wendy's chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicole

Washing Up
Wendy's chilli

This make a whole bunch. I halved it, when I did it made a dutchoven full. Had to freeze some too.

2 pounds ground beef
One 29-ounce can tomato sauce
One 29-ounce can kidney beans (with liquid)
One 29-ounce can pinto beans (with liquid)
1 cup diced onion (1 medium onion)
1/2 cup diced green chili (2 chilies)
1/4 cup diced celery (1 stalk)
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
2 teaspoons cumin powder
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups water

1. Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain off the fat.
2. Using a fork, crumble the cooked beef into pea-size pieces.
3. In a large pot, combine the beef plus all the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook, stirring every 15 minutes, for 2 to 3 hours. (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com)

trying to bite my tongue, but i have to say it...
you forgot the thumb in your recipe.:ROFLMAO:

We always stop at Wendy's for Chili when we're travelling. Just enough food for us since we are on the road for several hours, usually. Thanks for the recipe.

I've been making the Wendy's recipe for a number of years now. I plan on making it this morning but I forgot to get some at the store. Is it okay to just omit it or should I add a little bit of celery seed or salt?

I'm not sure celery is crucial in chili. I like it in mne. Celery seed would work. Toast the seeds, slightly crush to release their oils.

I'm not sure celery is crucial in chili. I like it in mne. Celery seed would work. Toast the seeds, slightly crush to release their oils.

I usually do put it in, but this time I forget to get some when I was at the store last night. Maybe I'll try your suggestion about the celery seed. Thanks for responding so quickly. :chef:

PS: Your avatar is cute. Who is it supposed to be?

Last edited:
I don't see the attraction, unless you're from the New England Boiled Dinner crowd. Wendy's has great burgers, but their chili is bland and runny, reminiscent of Campbell's Chili Beef soup! I've had C-Rations chili that was more exciting!

Living in South Africa I will most likely never taste Wendy's chilli. I'll try this thank you :)
It's similar to mine. I just don't use the cumin, I use ground coriander.

"Celery seed would work"

I disagree. I think it is a fine addition to most dishes, but it does not replace regular celery.

T

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom