What are these called?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Conney373

Assistant Cook
Hello there, I am curious as someone knows the official names of these two utensils other than knife and wooden spoon.20210825_092211.jpg

The knife is a santoku style knife (Japanese). and the other looks like a bowl scraper spatula.

One of these days I will learn how to speak English. I thought "other" meant there were other utensils in the picture, but did not make it into the picture.

One of these days I will learn how to speak English. I thought "other" meant there were other utensils in the picture, but did not make it into the picture.
Your english is fine sir. In this case, other was referring to different names of things ^.^

Yes, scraper and santoku-sty;le knife. Looks like a low-cost one. Has the 'divots' that are supposed to keep food from sticking but in my experience don't actually work. uch a knife is often and innaccurately described as having a "Granton edge," but the term is trademarked by Granton Knives of Sheffield England. A real Granton blade has the divots extending all the way to the cutting edge.
The knife picture appears to have a stamped (not forged) blade, 6" long; 7" is the customary length for better-grade santokus.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom