What are we having for dinner Mon, 3/13?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
I just finished putting on soup of my Grandad's soup to cook. It's simple and is good when you're sick. Grated carrots, rutabega & leek with parsely, yellow split peas and red lentils in a beef broth. I usually make it on the stove and let it simmer for a couple hours until it let thick but today I thought I'd try it in the slow cooker and see what happens. I hope it turns out well. Think I might get around to making that blackberry peach cobbler that I've been trying to make for the last 4 days.:rolleyes:

What's cookin' at your house?

Last edited:
We are going to temple with my parents tonight to celebrate Purim so mom is making dinner. I think she is making her chicken pot pie soup.

Think we're having a roast, since it was defrosting in the fridge when I got up this morning. If it isn't in the crockpot when I get home, then I have no idea. Hot Dogs, maybe.

John

middie said:
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, and biscuits

I'm having meatloaf too! With mashed potatoes and an arugula salad. Its a meatloaf kind of day here (rainy).
:chef:

PA Baker said:
GB, is Rachel dressing up in a costume?:)
I don't think so. Grandma was babysitting her today and was planning on taking her shopping for a costume, but she took an extra long nap today so I don't think they made it out. She has her noisemaker though and she knows how to use it :)

Tagliatelle spezzatino..:)

13maart.jpg

Grilled salmon steak w/ coconut saffron sauce, assorted steamed veggies, and herbed wild rice. YUMMMMMMMMM.

Monday's menu:

Fonduuuuuuuue

-Danish fondue for the cheese course (havarti and samso cheese, onions, bacon, beer)--served with sweet and sour gherkins, rye bread, the usual array of veggies

-Fondue Bourguignonne for the main course served with tenderloin (beef and pork), andouille sausage and city chicken, sided with horseradish, garlic, curry and mustard sauces

-And I'm still not decided on the dessert course yet. It's either going to be white chocolate with amaretto (which would let me play with fire--flambee), or else a combination of milk and dark chocolates--either served with the usual array of fruits and pound cake.

Roast Chicken w/lemon, garlic and thyme, and a pan of veggies (carrots, leeks and new potatoes) for dessert, strawberries and bananas w/a very small amount of cream!d The whole house smells like garlic!! yuuummy!

um.....kraft dinner with weiners and maybe some beans......and um......maybe just maybe cheesecake later.....

oh shush....its a lazymans night.

Poppinfresh said:
Monday's menu:

Fonduuuuuuuue

-Danish fondue for the cheese course (havarti and samso cheese, onions, bacon, beer)--served with sweet and sour gherkins, rye bread, the usual array of veggies

-Fondue Bourguignonne for the main course served with tenderloin (beef and pork), andouille sausage and city chicken, sided with horseradish, garlic, curry and mustard sauces

-And I'm still not decided on the dessert course yet. It's either going to be white chocolate with amaretto (which would let me play with fire--flambee), or else a combination of milk and dark chocolates--either served with the usual array of fruits and pound cake.

Okay... forget what I am making. I want what you are having! :ohmy: Yum!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom